Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up the parts to do the C4 to AOD swap with the exception of the driveshaft. I've read the AOD requires exactly a 1" shorter driveshaft, are new yolks required? Anyone have a shorter, correct length driveshaft for sale? What's the going rate to cut down a driveshaft, balance, etc? TIA

Kelly

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies, fellas. I'd read the 1" comment from the Mustangandfords.com article but heard otherwise re. having to shorten the driveshaft.

Kelly

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
You need the aod yoke and you should be ok. I didn't have to shorten my driveshaft changing from the c4 to aod and you probably wont have to either...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's good to know, thanks for the info. Hopefully, I've got all the parts/pieces to do this. Have to check that list twice :D

Kelly

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
When doing my T5 swap, my '65 driveshaft needed shortening 1". I took the driveshaft to a local light duty axle shop who did the following work:

1. Shaft was cut at rear yoke to reduce its length.
2. New yoke was installed at the rear of shaft and welded in place.
3. New slip yoke I provided was installed.
4. All new "u" joints were used.
5. Driveshaft was rebalanced.

Cost was $92 for the above. Note: I provided new slip yoke. Job was in by 8am and out by 2pm same day. Total labor on my job was 1 hour.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts