Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I have most of the parts for the AOD conversion and have a quick question. Any recommendations such as a shift kit, torque converter, etc.? Tranny/converter is bone stock out of a low mileage 87 GT. Right now the engine is stock, but I'll likely upgrade with mild cam, heads, headers, gears, etc. at some point. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
10,056 Posts
Police car/ bigger servo. Kolene clutch plates. Maybe bigger truck drums that hold more clutch plates.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I had the drums and servo in our aod replaced with the parts from the Thunder bird supper coupe.The clutch drums have more clutches and the servo is bigger.FastE

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedback, fellas :D

Kelly

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
TRANSGO shift kit

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
I recommend this product made by Baumann Engineering. ReCal Pro™ AOD Valve Body Recalibration Kit

You can go here: http://www.baumannengineering.com/aodcat.htm

and see other items they offer for the AOD. I installed that shift reprogramming kit in my AOD and have been very happy with it. It is VERY flexible and has many options to tailor your tranny. My AOD is from a 1992 Tbird SC and had all the best stuff from the factory except the 2 inch wide OD band and low gear set. I have gotten great service from it and now have the 3.50 gear set and love it. John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts