Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... pick n pull is having a 1\2 off sale...so i wanna get an AOD for about 40$ give or take lol...what do i need to get for taking a 5spd out of a 90GT and put the AOD in its place aside from the engine, and the computer?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok john....ill check em out...its just that i dont get any replies! lol

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea...sure...u could say that :: lol im just a man for conviences, im not out to race the car, i just want a good cruiser i can enjoy. for me...if i were to get a stick in a car...id prefer to get it in a sportier car....like a Z3,4,8, cobra replica, stuff like that...roadsters in general :)

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok...ill need..new radiator, AOD, torq converter...thats all ive got so far... ::

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
You will need to get the flexplate, block plate, gravel shield and attaching hardware from the donor car. The tv cable should stay with the tranny, watch how it comes apart at the throttle body so you know how to re-install it onto yours. The plastic grommet on the throttle body that the cable will attach to will probably break if you try to remove it, they are about $5 at the local Ford dealer. You should be able to use your existing computer, you may have a idle problem in drive and if you do you may have to find a automatic ecu. Get the driveshaft, crossmember, speedo cable adapter, shifter and cable from the donor car if you can. If you cannot get the shifter I may still have the automatic shifter from the 91 GT that I removed my aod from. Have fun :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts