Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for someone/some site that has experience in installing an AODE behind a EFI 5.0.

What year/model automatic did you use?
Is there some list of donor trans for a 5.0?
What did you do for a trans mount?
Where there any wiring connections?
Difference between an A9P and an A9L computer?

as you can see ...lots of questions.

Someone point me in the right direction...
tks

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
For an AODE, you'll need a 94-95 computer to control the trans and engine, or you can keep your ECU and buy a transmission controller.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Baumannengineering.com has a lot of good info on the trans. You should be able to find your donor list and answer some of your other trans questions there. They also sell a trans control module that's been well reviewed so the trans will work independant of the EFI computer. The 89-93 computers are generally preferred for swaps anyway, I'm told the A9L has a more aggressive tune than the '94-95 EFI. IIRC, the A9P is for a stick car, the A9L is for an AOD car. Both computers are thought to be among the better choices for their tune parameters, with the A9L having a slight edge (supposedly to compensate for the extra parasitic loss the auto trans has), but I don't think any of the MAF computers are dramatically different from each other.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
LOVE the photo! A few years ago I toured the "Aluminum Overcast", a B-17. Smaller inside than I thought!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
IIRC, the A9P is for a stick car, the A9L is for an AOD car
I believe it is the other way around, A9L only for stick cars, and A9P for an automatic although it works with stick cars as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts