Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that some VMF members took offense to a statement that I made to BetterBarron. If I offended you on this I am sorry. The problem with him stems from the fact that we are both on AOL. He would instant message me all the time asking questions that I would answer for him if I could.It got to the point that he would do this every time I was online. One day I gave him an answer that he did not like and got very ignorant with me. So I have not taken any of his instant messages since.Last night I talked with another VMF member that had the same problem with BetterBarron so I guess I am not the only one. Once again I am sorry if you took me wrong.Gary

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

P.S. CantedValve I have seen some of your comments. It's your turn.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
I did not see your post, so do not know what you are talking about. I do understand what you mean though and would like to make a couple of suggestions for all of us to follow.

We were all young and excited once. We need to remember what it was like to be 16 and working on our dream car, if we were lucky enough to be able to do so.

Be patient and kind and never say anything you would not want said to you. Particularly in a public forum.

G

·
0 Posts
Hey Mod9 and other vmf members. I do not recall being ignorant to anyone. But if I was Im sorry. Its just some of time you guys dont believe the stuff I have or will get you believe Im all talk. Im not. I have a 1970 MAch 1 custom car with a 351 cleveland. I have done all the work on it along with my dad. We should have the car done in the next month or so. The questions I do ask sometimes are redundant and maybe annoying well Im sorry. I only just got into the mustang and vintage car hobby last year. I dont know alot therefore I ask many questions many times. Alot of the things Im doing on my car actually all the things Im doing on my car I have NEVER done before I learn only from asking you people questions and from the help of my father. Im sorry for any frustration or anything I have caused you members. Mod9 directly at you I only talked to you on AOL like 5 times most of the time when I went on there you either did not reply or it was your wife. And I do not every remember asking you a question and getting a response I did not like and turning ignorant.

Sorry John

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
I have 2 comments...
1. For Gary....an apology is usually better when it's not followed by an half-azzed explaination and additional slam of the guy....
2. John....don't sweat it...post what you want to post and if someone doesn't like it tell to go F themselves....

Now let's just all play nice.... /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
553 Posts
i'm seriously offended by that comment, i never once logged onto this forum intending to "crack you up" so there!! na-na-na! /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif LOL ok *sarcasm mode* off /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem......IME, working it out amongst yourselves usually works out the best in the long run...

Also, IME, as my ICQ and IM handles (as well as e-mail) are available to all VMF'ers who wish to contact me privately, I've found almost without exception that VMF'ers are very respectful of my time and workload....I wish my real-life friends and customers were so respectful! *G*

That AOL chatroom can get pretty time-intense so I generally stay off there unless I've got a free hour to chat...I would much rather be here helping you guys and leaving the chatting to my wife..*G*

Hope everything gets squared away! And enjoy those Ponies!

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
Don't sweat it John. Some people forget, but EVERY PERSON was ignorant at one point in his/her life (assuming the correct definition of the word is used here). Knowledge is the only cure for ignorance.. some people like to hoard the cure so that others are always dependent on them.

Keep asking.

·
Registered
6,031 Posts
My turn what? If I put my foot in my mouth, and I manage to pry it out (not always possible), I apologize. It happened in the thread in question. I am not to big of a person to admit that my mouth usually makes a decision before my brain is notified.

·
Premium Member
11,700 Posts
It's ok, John. We were all your age once, but we did not all get to build the kind of car you are building at your age.

I do not personally have a problem with your posting questions, even when they are repetitious.

I suspect it's the IMing that really gets to people, so you might want to be more careful about that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts