Vintage Mustang Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

April 2021 Ride of the Month Contest!

7K views 28 replies 28 participants last post by  patrickstapler 
#1 ·
Welcome to the April's Ride of the Month Competition!

Please follow all instructions posted below

1. You must add 3 Photos; no more, no less. NO Collages. Pictures must be of the current state of your vehicle. Avoid having any people in your images.
  2. List any/all Legal Modifications to your vehicle if you have done any.*
  3. The vehicle must be yours. Vehicles waiting to be purchased may not be included
  4. Include a short description of your favourite aspect of your vehicle, or your favourite memory or ride taken with your vehicle*
  5. Votes for the month’s winner will be tallied by the number of “Likes” your post has on the last day of the month. The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.
  6. Remember, please post your entries and pictures in this thread.
  7. If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.

* These are optional but encouraged

We look forward to seeing your rides!

See less See more
#2 ·
This is my first car I bought in High school back in 1978 with my GF ($500) then later became my wife. My wife had passed from a brain aneurysm in 3/26/2010. This car has a lot of sentimental value but sat in my garage under a cover since 1993.
During the pandemic April 2020, I decided that it would be a good time to start getting back on the road. Jan 1st I fired up the engine for the first time in 28 years! A year later and I am almost there and it drives!
New motor 306. Roller rockers. Al head. 600 cfm holly
rebuilt C4 trans. With shift kit.
front Willwood drilled and slotted disc brakes
New rear drum brakes
Power booster / master cylinder
Style steel wheels with Cooper Cobra GT
Koni shocks
620 coil springs 1” drop
New upper and lower control arms.
tie Rod ends, idler arm
3 row champion AL radiator w/ electric fan & shroud
New gas tank
5 rear leaf spring.
tri Y Ceramic headers with 2 1/4 “ pipes and MagnaFlow mufflers SS tips. I have always loved the look of my 67 mustang and was a daily driver. Will be going in next week to get a fresh new paint job and get some final touches before the up coming car show in October. Hope to have it fully detailed by then. It has been a fun adventure, learning experience and some frustrating times but I am glad to get her back on the road for some Sunday drives now that the nice weather is approaching! I am glad I never sold her and keep it in the family.

#4 ·
I got The Money Pit my 67 vert in Dec of 2020 as a base model . She had had many mods forced on her in that short time. Everything on the interior but the door cards. All the bright work,dash trim ,kick panels with speakers. 3 point front belts. Stainless door sill plates & new windshield. ]

Tubler upper a arms with 1" drop in the mounting bars ,open tracker rollerized spring perches & lower control arms along with their strut rod bushings. 1 1/8" & 3/4" sway bars . 4 1/2 leaf mid eye 1" drop springs. New export brace.
Koni adjustable front shocks with billit shock tower caps.

Unisteer rack with a I didit tilt column with a new 14" custom wood steering wheel along with a eps unit.

82 model electronic dist run thru a msd 6al box along with a 2300 Holley Sniper EFI . A 3 g alt upgrade with a new double belt set up.

New 16 " tires & Koni rewind wheels along with a disc brake conversion kit on the front with a new power brake booster .

I think my favorite mod is still to come , the alumn head,cam,headers & dual exhaust.
Most of the parts I have but the cam is coming. With everything that has been did to the car the Sniper has to be

#20 ·
Dude, When I started upping my A code FB the guy who made the aluminum intake and head stopped making them. But i guess the production has started up again. So I had to settle for a large log intake/head from a 250 L6. Haven't put it on my FB yet but that is coming. For now I have installed (on the small log intake) the Holly Sniper EFI as well as a Hyper Spark ignition and distributor. Still buttoning it up test firing in 2 days.

Let us know how the intake and head upgrade works out.

Bob Crosser

#5 ·
I've owned a 65 or 66 Mustang since my high school days. This is one of my current cars. 1965 A code coupe, C4, Raven Black with a Palomino deluxe interior. I've had this car for 12 years and have made the following changes/updates:
Drivetrain:
Edelbrock performer top end, heads and intake painted black.
Hipo exhaust manifolds with duals.
Old Air underhood performance kit with chrome compressor.
Power brakes with chrome booster.
Chrome; valve covers, air cleaner, oil filter cover.
Aluminum 2 row radiator, painted black.
Stock C4
3.40 True Trac
15 x 7 wheels with 225/60/15 BFG's
Suspension/steering :
Arning drop.
Eaton GT coil springs.
Bilstein street shocks.
Roller spring perches.
1" sway bar.
Competition cross bar.
Chrome Export brace.
Chrome Monte Carlo bar.
Eaton GT rated leaf springs.
All new stock steering components.
Interior:
Deluxe interior with real walnut wood veneer.
Sound/heat deadening and new carpet.
Restored A/C evaporator with new performance core.
Restored AM/8 Track with FM and auxiliary jack.
Original A/C console.
Probably done with this car, but I am thinking of adding some form of power steering.

Attachments

#6 ·
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Daily driver 1969 Mach 1 M code, purchased in 1989 for $2,500. Stroked to 393ci, AFR 185 heads, Weiand intake with Quick Fuel 650. Toploader and Hurst Comp Plus shifter with 3.25 gears in a traction lok N case with Daytona support.

Suspension is a home brew coil over with tube arms and QA1 shocks. Manual brakes, fronts are 2014 Mustang GT Brembo 4 piston with 14" rotors, rear are 2001 Mustang Cobra dics. Chassis has convertable inner rockers with one piece seat riser, 8 point roll bar.

Interior has 2006 Audi A4 seats, hand made door trim panels to clear the door bar of the roll bar, rear seat delete with hand made trim panels, and a nice sounding 8 speaker stereo that I rarely listen to.

My favorite trip is my 2017 drive to Florida.
Gas Machine Auto part Nut Motor vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

#7 · (Edited)
My 1968 Fastback GT. 2 year restoration. Complete new front suspension, T5 swap, 302 roller bored .30 over. Trick flow heads, MSD all in one dizzy, Weiand Stelth intake, QF 650 carb, hooker ceramic coated long-tube headers, full 2.5" SS exhaust, 410hp. Disc brakes in the front. Interior all intact and repainted. New dash, Etc. Center console. American racing rims, lighting blue paint with silver stripes. This has been a dream car since I was 16. It is the first car I’ve restored from the frame. my favourite time driving so far is cruising with my 10 yr old son who helped build her.

#8 ·
1970 mach1 M code. 393C stroker, TFS heads, quickfuel 780,airgap,msd digital programmed by me, fmx,355 c/w tru track diff,custom faker conversion,fpa headers,borgeson PS, interior painted by me, completely disassembled by me. Painted at local shop and reassembled by me.Two year project.
I always loved the lines of the 70 compared to a 69 machs, sports roof mustangs just look cool to me. Best memory was attending a Mustang international pre restoration and going to the track and making 8 passes. Ran 13.4 on 225 street tires consistently.

#9 ·
25 years of ownership and counting. Bought it already turned into a Shelby clone/replica/tribute call it whatever you want, unfortunately it is a factory A code GT that this was done to. I rebuilt the engine in 1997 with Edelbrock Performer RPM aluminum heads, intake, cam, and an Edelbrock 600 cfm carb. I added 2006 Mustang 17" rims and 2003 Mustang front reclining seats for more comfort and handling. Car already had arning drop and rebuilt suspension when I bought it.
Favorite road trip is anytime I drive it on a sunny summer day. Always have to be ready to talk with strangers half the time you stop anywhere, but I enjoy the conversation most of the time. Everybody has a Mustang story to share, and when you are driving one, it stirs up memories from strangers that like to share after striking up a conversation.

Yes, I know the engine is the wrong color. Next time the engine is out, I'll take care of that. Might be awhile though.

#10 ·
1968 Mustang Gt. This car was always my dream car to build and I wanted to build something that was going to be good at everything from road racing and auto cross, to drag racing and mile events, but also be able to cruise the entire route 66 with my wife. Long story short I never planned to purchase this so soon, but one night at about midnight found this car online for sale and thought it was a scam. I stayed up all night to call first thing in the morning and to my surprise it was real and available. I called my dad, he took off work that day and we set off to pick it up 12 hours away. To say the car was a steal was an understatement, lets just say I paid for a stock restored running and driving car what most people are paying for rusted our shells these days. Mind you the restoration wasnt up to my standards but it was a car I could definitely work with.

I started Fall of 2018 and immediately knew the direction I was going. It would be a pro touring car with big horsepower and the best parts I could find. I replaced all the floorboards, from the firewall forward the car was gone and I put on new frame rails. Inner fenders, core support, etc., this would soon house the TCI front crossmember and independent suspension. I opted for the adjustable ridetech coil overs and wilwood disc brakes on all 4 corners. The rear end would be a Fab 9 with 35 spline moser axles and a powertrax grip pro helical gear differential. The housing was narrowed by an inch on both sides as I wanted the most concave wheel I could put on the car.

The drivetrain was intended to be a 427 stroker with twin turbos, but after realizing the room and fabrication it would take I decided to keep it a smaller package and it now has a D1X procharged 363 with holley fuel injection. It also has a stage 2 meth injection progressive kit that helps keep IATs down. The car hasnt seen the chassis dyno but based on what the engine made, and the numbers its putting up on my Dragy, it is making upwards of 1000hp on a street tune And low boost pulley (16lbs) at the flywheel. The motor is backed by a built T56 magnum from D&D performance and has a tilton twin disc clutch with hydraulic tilton throwout bearing.

The wheels on the car are BC forged and custom to the car, they are 18x9.5 in front amd 18x12 wrapped with a 315 toyo drag radial. Exhaust is all custom 3” with borla pro xs straight through mufflers.

The interior I wanted to keep nostalgic with modern touches, Im not a huge fan of the overdone interiors, so I added corbeau seats, autometer carbon gauges and fitted a foxbody center console in it. The entire car was rewired with american autowire kit and I left the rest pretty much stock. There isnt a single piece of this car I didnt build or touch at this point and I did all the work in my garage with only my kids help.

My favorite memory so far is is cruise nights with my family, its become a weekend tradition and is priceless. We out almost 4000 miles on the car last year without a hitch. Ive done autocross and in about a month will be taking it to road America on the road course for a track day. Here are a few pics of it.

#11 · (Edited)
My numbers matching 64.5 car is one if the original 6 paint colors (Pagoda Green - “B”- code) Ford discontinued in September of 1964 for the “1965” model year. It is believed to have been ordered on the first day the Mustang was put on display at dealerships around the country. It has the original “D” code engine with only a little over 76000 verified miles on it.
This Mustang was built at the Dearborn plant (F - code), sent to California, and after 40 years returned to the Detroit area where I purchased it. The first winter I had the Mustang it was stored “inside” the Mc Donald’s on Woodward at 13 mile road.
This Mustang has all of the identifying characteristics that separates it from the
other 65 models.
Over the years I have found many date codes on/in the car again verify the “numbers matching” designation.
Through the 17 years that I have owned this Mustang it has won many trophies and accolades from newspaper contests, calander pages, 2010 best original Mustang at the Ford Mustang show, to being chosen as the cover page on the local “Cruis’news” for the 2015 October.
Thanks for the opportunity to again show my car to the Mustang world.
Tire Car Vehicle Wheel Plant
Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Plant
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive parking light

#12 · (Edited)
I first saw the Shelby in 1974 down the street from a friend’s house. The car was parked mostly underneath a carport, back in showing from the street so I could tell what it wants. When I was 15 and getting close to being able to drive, once a year I would go to the house, knock on the door and ask the guy if he wanted to sell his car. The answer was always no, he was going to fix it up someday. In December of 1980, I got a phone call from my friend and that the guy was ready to sell the car and he wanted to sell it to me. January of 1981 I was able to purchase the car and bring it home. The car was a bit of a mess, it had been rear ended at least twice, the engine was apart and the interior was very worn. I cleaned the car up and dropped in the motor from my wrecked 69 GT, and drove the car on and off for the next couple of years. In 1991 I decided I was going to do a quick paint job and clean up the interior to make the car presentable. I had taken most of the removable body panels off the car, remove the interior and engine. I had finished doing minor bodywork and had painted the car when hurricane Andrew hit. Other than water and some small debris pouring in from the damaged roof, the car survived the storm, but now it was sitting in 2 to 3 inches of water for two weeks. After a while, the saltwater that was brought in from the storm started rusting every piece of metal that was on the car. With the entire area devastated the warehouse damaged, I had no choice but to stash the car and parts in various locations where they stayed for many years. Over the next several years life happened, I was married, had a daughter, got divorced and it was not until 2015 but I was able to start gathering up all the parts and once again resume work on the car. It was at this point in time that I was told that my car was one of the 150 Hertz rental cars that were made for 1969. I was skeptical but the purchased a copy of the SAAC registry and a Marti report which both confirmed my car was one of two Hertz cars for use at Miami International Airport in 1969. With this new knowledge that my car was even rarer than just being a Shelby, I decided I’d need to do a complete and total restoration. I took the car to a welder who removed the damaged sheet metal from the rear of the car and replaced it with new panels. I then took the car and finished up all the bodywork, repairing the damaged fiberglass panels and finishing off all the work that was needed to put the car back together. I assembled all the body parts to check the gaps and alignments and a final block sanding of the car. I then blew the car apart took it to the painter who did a base coat clear coat paint job on the car in the original candy apple red. Then the real job of putting the car back together really began. I did everything myself, including rebuilding the transmission, the engine all the components like the power steering. I redid the entire interior putting in new carpet, new seat foam and covers, installed the headliner and all glass. With all the work and many problems, I was behind schedule. I missed my goal of having it in National Parts Depots last Sliver Springs show in Ocala but was hoping to have it in a local show in January of 2019. January arrived and I still was not ready but got lucky the show was postponed for one month. This gave me just enough time to mostly finished the car and, I put it in the show with the seat covers only slipped over the seats but not fastened down. People did not seem to notice the incomplete seats and I took first place in my class for that show. Since then, the seat covers have been installed properly and the Shelby has been a trophy winner in many shows from Key Largo Florida to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge Tn. I have run the car on 1/8 and 1/4 mile drag strips, an autocross, driven it on the Tail of the Dragon, Road Atlanta, and the Homestead NASCAR track reaching speeds up to 114 MPH.

#13 ·
This is my '66 mustang that my dad bought in '69 when he got out of the Army, he was the second owner. My parents went on their first date in this car and a few years later I came home from the hospital as a newborn also in this car. Not being much a "family car" it was put into storage sometime in the mid 70s and that's where it stayed until I got it out of storage in the late 90s. It didn’t take much and my dad and I got it running and I drove it for many years eventually meeting my wife in it. Not to long after that the motor let go and the car was put it back into storage.

Around the end of 2014 my wife and I decided to restore the old girl for my father. We tried hiding the entire restoration from him as we wanted to surprise him for his 71st birthday, but he was a clever guy and towards the end of the resto he began to catch on to what we were doing. We ended up giving in and letting him get a sneak peak at what I had been up to. The exterior was complete but had no interior whatsoever but even with no interior in it yet, he was in shock and in love at the same time. About the only thing he could say was WOW and immediately had us "FaceTime" my mother to show her what we had done,Lol. It was the happiest I had seen him ever I think?

Sadly on Oct.12 2017 a little over a month before his 71st birthday, my father past away suddenly just one week before we we’re going to take the mustang on its inaugural drive. His first and final ride since the resto was made Oct. 23 2017 as I drove the mustang with his remains (he was cremated) comfortably riding shotgun to the National cemetery in Lake Worth, Florida. I love you dad.

Silver Blue Poly paint code Y
All new mostly stock suspension
620 drop springs with negative wedge kit
Mid eye rear leafs with a 1” drop block
289 with forged internals
Crane 292/512lift cam
Canfield stage 1 aluminum heads
Edelbrock RPM intake
Holley 650
Toploader 4 speed
8” rear with 4.10 gears and a mini-spool
Baer 13” front and 12” rear disk brakes
17” torque thrust wheels
245/45 front & 255/50 rear tires
Autometer ultra lite gauges
Parchment interior
Moto-lita wood rim steering wheel

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Fixture
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive battery Auto part

Attachments

#14 ·
1970 BOSS 302. My dream car come true! I looked a very long time and daily for a 70 sportroof or Mach 1. They were always too far away, needed too much work, too much money for what it was. Then by chance at a car show a couple years ago I was talking to a person with a 69 Mach 1 and he turned me on to his friends sister who was selling a Boss 302 locally and the price was right. I thought, too good to be true, it's going to be a piece...do you have any pics. He showed me a couple of bad pics, but car looked fantastic. Went and looked at it and week later it was sitting in my garage. It is truly amazing! Total restoration 2013/14. It is one of 36 Calypso Coral BOSS 302s with Vermillion Std Interior and 1 of 2 as factory configured. Only modification is long tube Hooker headers and custom exhaust.

Attachments

#15 ·
I love driving this car everyday and going to car meets where people love seeing how great these cars were. My wife and I ride to local wineries and sit outside and toast the car or go to the local ice cream store for a cone.
It is a 1966 Mustang 2+2, rotisserie restoration about 8 years ago, rebuilt stock 289 bored .020", A code with Autolite 4100, luxury Pony interior, Rally Pac, PS, front disk PB, Vintage Air AC, AOD transmission, and 3.55 Trac Lok differential.

#16 ·
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Steering wheel
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior

It's been 5+ years in the making. Our GT is a true GT with buck tag and build sheet to prove it. I have taken every nut and bolt off of this car to get it to this point. We took our GT to the last NPD Mustang Roundup. It was all out of sorts as far as the way it looked, but we had it at the point that it was mechanically sound. A true delight...

We haven't modified this vehicle as we are trying to keep it as original as possible. Of course we have new parts in the suspension, rebuilt engine and transmission, new upholstery, and so on. But we have tried to keep the original look as best we can.

It has come together nicely and we are so proud to be able to actually now show photos of a complete vehicle.

We still have some work to do to complete this car, but at this point, it's hard to tell.

Thanks,

Allen

#17 ·
My 65 GT. Original CA car with the old black plates. I rebuilt the interior, suspension electrical and engine. Original bench seat car which is surprisingly comfortable. 4 speed, A Code, factory PS and AC with disc brakes. Body is the same as when I bought it many years ago. Surface rust and bottom of the fenders but a super solid car with original pans and no rust anywhere else. It was under a tarp for years in the mountain country of CA. Looks like a beater and basically is. A reliable and comfortable beater with some style. I don’t worry about door dings or shopping carts. I can sit on the fender and have my lunch on it and not worry about scratching it. I just had to upgrade the wheels though. 17” torq thrusts are my favorite.
its Just a fun car.

#19 ·
1966 Mustang, 2+2
Raven Black with grey flames and blue/green pinstripes

Purchased on March 19, 1996 off a car salesman at the local Ford dealer. It was his daily driver. I pestered him for 3 years, starting when I was a teenager. Finally he said yes!

I’ve spent 25 years building and enjoying this car, and the greatest joy has been the friendships I’ve built along the way. I couldn’t have done all of this myself, and I wouldn’t want to.

I’ve often said that the best thing I’ve ever done to this car was swapping from the C4 automatic transmission to the T5 manual. It’s just so much more engaging to drive now.

Modifications
Complete new Painless wiring harness with wiring tucked behind the fenders.

5.0 from a 1991 Mustang
  • Retained the serpentine setup
  • Aluminum radiator
  • Holley 4180 (modded)
  • Edelbrock RPM Intake
  • World Products Victor Sr. Aluminum Heads
  • Crane 1.6 Roller Rockers
  • TFS Stage 2 Cam - Duration at 050 inch Lift: 224 int./232 exh.
  • MSD Billet distributor and 6AL box.
  • Forged pistons
  • Hedman Headers

T-5 5 speed transmission
  • Mustang Steve clutch cable & Roller clutch pedal conversion
  • Pro 5.0 shifter, Hust shifter handle
  • Modern Driveline crossmember
Interior
Black Standard interior

• Custom gauge faces designed by myself
  • '04(ish) Acura RSX leather seats
  • Forever Sharp Steering Wheel
  • Customized factory console with accommodations for tunnel-mounted Fox body emergency brake and tiny bluetooth enabled amp that drives the speakers.
  • Deleted radio, vinyl covered dash with invisible magnetic phone mount.

- Removed 15 pieces of chrome:
FORD hood letters, grille opening trim on hood, rocker moldings, shaved antenna, bumper guards front and rear, grille pony and corral, reverse lights.

- Added Shelby hood scoop and GT exhaust rear valance.

Suspension
  • 620lb lowering springs with 1/3 coil cut
  • Arming drop
  • Bilstein Sport shocks
  • Stock control arms have been boxed

Granada front brakes with MustangSteve power brake conversion.

Mustangs Plus 4.5 leaf rear springs

Explorer 8.8 with 3.73's and disc brakes

17" US Mags Rambler wheels with BFG Sport Comp 2 Tires. 7" wide front/8in rear.

#21 ·
After looking in Craigslist in almost every city in America for a few months, I finally found my 69 Fastback in Fort Worth, TX, in November of 2016. The story I got from the guy who was flipping it was that he found it in some girls garage where it had been sitting for 10 years ever since her dad had passed away. It would barely run, and needed almost everything rebuilt or replaced. But the body was sound, not much rust underneath, and the paint and interior were in decent shape, considering. I didn't hesitate, and had the cash and a trailer up there the next day.

It no longer had the original 351W motor or FMX tranny, so to replace the worn out 351C and C6, I bought a 408 stroker with MSD ignition, Concept 1 Serpentine Brackets and Pulleys, Quick Fuel 780 Carb., from Craft Performance in Arkansas. Added a Ram Powergrip clutch, a TKO 600 5 speed manual tranny, upgraded the axles to 31 spline, replaced the broken ring and pinion gears, and upgraded the limited slip to a Power Trax Grip Pro. Replaced the leaf springs with a little stronger than stock to get that old school lift in the back, Gabriel Air shocks, and kept the slapper bars from previous owner. Added GW frame connectors, 15 X 7 (front), 15 X 10 (rear) aluminum slotted mags, front & rear spoiler, rear window louvers, Hurst Shifter with T Handle, TMI bucket seats, Pioneer head unit, 6 X 9's in rear deck, 12" sub in trunk. Added a tach and air/fuel ratio gauge to steering column. New Flaming River steering box., replaced original heater core and AC with Classic Auto Air, 24" Aluminum Maxcore radiator with 2 12" electric fans.

I always wanted a hot rod, and after seeing a 69 Mach 1 pull out of a parking lot when I was 19 (1974), I promised myself that I would have one someday. It's an old school street rod that is comfortable at the strip or driving cross country. Favorite cruise was the Hot Rod Power Tour in 2019 with my daughter.

#22 ·
Ok, here's something a little different from all the pretty and shiny cars being posted. :eek:
My 70 Mach 1 was my brother's first car. He purchased it in 1982 and I inherited it when he passed away in 2011.

Here's a pic from 1982...

He disassembled it to restore about 30 years ago, but life got in the way of the restoration, so it never happened. I inherited a shell and all the parts when he passed. Hopefully I'll be able to get to it in about a year. But here's how it sits now...

#23 ·
I've had more than a dozen Mustang's over the years but never a pre-70s car. I really wanted to build a restomod that preserved the outward appearance of the 60s muscle car era, but with modern pieces hidden below the skin. In August of 2016, I found a bare shell 67 coupe, that the PO had spent years prepping. Zero rust and all sprayed in white epoxy primer. A blank canvas. With the shell came a huge list of new parts in boxes...big dollar stuff. QA1 coilovers. 9" from John's Nine Inch Factory. Wilwood discs. Rod and Custom complete suspension kit front and rear. I bought it all, and over the last 4 years I've gotten it to it's current state. Working to finish interior and side glass and then I'm "done". :) So the car has complete R&C suspension, Wilwood disc brakes, 9" with trutrac diff and 3.70s. Wheels are 17x8 and 9.5" from Trans Am Race Engineering. Seats are Corbeau. Gagues are Speedhut. Drivetrain is a roller cam 306 with Edelbrock top end kit and Sniper EFI. Exhaust is JBA from headers to tailpipes. Paint is PPG single stage Wimbledon White. AAW wiring. Centerforce clutch and a T5 with Hurst shifter.

#24 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm brand new to this forum and pony ownership. My second husband passed away on April 24, 1990 and he was a Mustang fanatic. Until April 13, 2021 I've not owned another Mustang. My Ford Flex threw a rod and a neighbor offered this little gem to me. I am now the proud, if somewhat bewildered, driver of a 1998 Mustang base 3.8L convertible. She has spunk and personality and I can foresee many adventures in our future together. I'm retired from law enforcement so upgrades will be slow due to my fixed income status. Hopefully the plodding pace will allow me to savor each change as a personal choice and achievement. RIP Brian. It took 31 years but I'm back in the mustang saddle again.

#25 ·
CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS on your retirement from a fellow LEO, and welcome to VMF as a fellow Mustang lover of all years, bodies and engines. Condolences on losing your trail partner, but he'll ride with you in the spirit of fun.

#26 ·

1968 highly modified fastback, which started as a burned out mess. Almost 150 modifications on the car, including 390, C-6, Shelby short hood, Shelby decklid, 1969 Mach I leather seats, custom folddown installation, serpentine belt system, Sapphire Blue and Hertz Gold modified LeMans stripes, full subframe connectors, and traction bars, 9-inch rear axle, and much, much more. I worked on almost every aspect of this car, and designed it. Trouble finally will hit the MCA National Show circuit in July.

Attachments

#27 ·
This is Bad Boy Blue. My 1965 tribute Fast Back. 1.Guardsman Blue/Wimbledon white.
2.SBF stroker 347/Built AOD out of 90s foxbody
3. 8” Diff 3:55 Ford traction lock
4. Power Rack unit
5. CPP mini subframe/CPP Tubular UCA&LCA
6. Hotchkiss 600Lbs front coil springs.
7. Bilstein shocks/Grab A Trax 4.5 mid eye leafs
8. TMI interior/Dakota Digital Instruments.
9. American Racing TTDs BFG TAs 245 rears 225
Fronts.
10. Found this fixer upper in 2013 here in SoCal
Rust free. I’m the 2nd owner.
Please vote and like my ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.