Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
They don't currently make an Aqua pad, but I recommend getting a top quality light blue or dark blue one from NPD or another supplier and dyeing it with their spray dye.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Yeah. They turn out pretty good.
Do it.

·
Registered
955 Posts
All above is correct. I ended up going with a darker blue (that matches the center piece of the door panels). Even that was difficult to find.

·
Registered
35,892 Posts
mime is Parchment except the dash pad and carpet
Sounds like interior code 87, Parchment Vinyl with Aqua accents. Very nice, very rare. You will indeed have to dye a blue dash pad. It will be worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Look for SEM dark aqua flexible spray, or equivalent. You may need to have someone mix it for you, but it should closely match the darker Turquoise door panels and seat inserts of the Turquoise/Aqua seat upholstery of Code 27.
20190506_175940.jpg

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
NPD shows two different shades of aqua for 66 interiors. They have Medium and Light Aqua.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
It would have to be the darker of the two. I have a new can of each here and I can test fire the darker one and see how close it is...

·
Registered
774 Posts
Does anyone have a comparison between the made in US repop and the Ford tooling one as far as fitment and quality?
(looking at the above NPD links)

·
Registered
607 Posts
Don't work harder, work smarter: call Dashes Direct! I saw that I could chose from "blue" or "dark blue" from their website for my '66. Which blue? Those colors are subjective! I went to their website, left an email, and they called me back in a couple of hours and told me which one for my application (turns out, regular blue, not dark.) It arrived last week, installed a day later, loving it ever since.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Reactions: myfirstcar66

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
@Jedi I got the Original Ford Tooling one for my car about 17 years ago, it's perfect, and I plan to do the same with the two I'm working on when the time comes. The one that was on my car before was a cheaper one that was curling at the corners and one spot was coming loose from the foam by the defroster vent.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My car paint is the tahoe torquise so I want the dash to look right with the outside of the car. Glad I can get a dye close to what I need. Thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts