Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Spammer Hammer
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know what the bolt circle dimensions are for the #8-32 screw holes that attach TTD center caps? I measured my wheels yesterday and they all measured 3.813” bolt circle. I’d like to verify prior to having some plates made. I’m going to do a paper template, but it would still be nice to know the exact specifications.

Im designing a steel adapter plate to bolt on for when I’m doing the front steering alignment so I don’t have to remove the wheel, remove the bearing cap, reinstall the wheel, do the alignment, remove the wheel, reinstall the bearing cap, and reinstall the wheel.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Just saw this post and was going to see if you wanted me to send one of my plates - - but it looks like you got it accomplished - - let me know if you still need (anything) and I can drop it in the mail.

John

·
Spammer Hammer
9,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks John. They’re good though. I’m getting two machined in steel plate now. I’m hoping they will be finished before I leave for CMP Friday morning. I don’t think I will need them, but I did tweak the front alignment very slightly Saturday and it will be much easier to change at the track if I can throw these on quickly change the alignment and remove them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts