Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the chrome "hockey sticks" that go around the top of the convertible well on the '68 verts? I can't seem to find them anywhere (only for the '65 and 66 models)
Major dufus - I just discovered mine got mixed up with the trash and thrown out when I cleaned the shed this fall :wall:
--------------------------------------
My car '68 sunlit gold vert (GT500 clone)

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Can you say..........Jefferson? :winkgrin:

·
Premium Member
5,310 Posts
I don't think so. Your best bet may be E-bay. Since they are stainless steel, any set that you get should clean up fairly well depending on how many deep scratches they have.
Dave

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets hope something like this shows up there Chris. I can't beleive nobody repos such a simple thing(s). They are practically making whole fastback bodies now, but no stinkin boot trim for a vert! Mine were perfect also which really bites.

------------------------------------------

·
Registered
3,443 Posts
Heck, go down to "parts wanted", give that a shot!

Not interested in stomping around the mud and snow and who knows what else this spring? :paranoid:

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
I bought a set off eBay and I'm watching for another. The set I got is OK but I'd like to have some in better shape. The condition is not super important because with the boot cover on you can't even see them.

The prices are all over the place. I paid about $50 for the set I have, and then a couple of months later a set for a "Shelby" sold for $250!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks John! You make a good point about the boot covering them for I forgot about that. I was wondering what the price range would be on e-bay so this helps. Thanks again. John
------------------------------------

1 - 7 of 7 Posts