Vintage Mustang Forums banner

61 - 61 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
There are still deals out there you just need to find the right one. Stay patient and be prepared to spend a lot of time looking at junk. I started looking about a year ago for a project me and my boy could spend the next 5-6 years working on before he is legal to drive. Believe me I looked at stuff that was total garbage hacked franken stangs people wanted top dollar for. The fake Shelby with a blown engine for 10K etc you wouldn’t believe the crap in the Desert. We finally found a 1 owner 66 with basically 53 years of minor problems the guy couldn’t fix. He gave it to his grandson who didn’t have the time or knowledge to change a break switch. As luck would have it he was ready to sell and the old man was happy it was going to a family who would bring it back.

The problem is people all think their car is worth 15-20K because it’s a 50+ year old Stang. Seriously I have seen some beautiful restomod’s for 10-15K just not what we wanted. Most the stuff at Barrett Jackson selling are rich fools who drop the car off and never turn a wrench. They will pay stupid prices.

Here’s to hoping prices stay still once I’m done with the boys car I get to pick one for myself.

YMMV Thanks

61 - 61 of 61 Posts