Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was feeling ambitious the other night and thought I would start tearing apart the front end some more. After changing out the tires/wheels on the '66 I noticed how dirty the inside of the fenders/coil covers/outside of the aprons were. I want to clean and paint all of this, but I'm not sure how big of a pain in the ass it is to realign the fenders later on? Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
It's not too tough. Especially if you leave all the front valance and stuff hanging on the car. There's a couple bolts inside the door jamb and behind the kick plate you need to be sure to get, but other than that it's pretty strait forward.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I was going to take off the valance and stuff but if its easier to leave it on to line everything up then I will leave it on.

G

·
0 Posts
i'm not too sure how similar the job is between '69s and '66s but putting the fenders on my coupe was...well, mostly easy. Not a one person job by any means (at least i dont think it is)

I installed them from scratch, nothing to line them up to other than the doors, and everything turned out peachy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts