Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Other than being a T code 6 cylinder with a blacked out dash? Nope, looks right to me /forums/images/icons/wink.gif For ehay that is /forums/images/icons/smile.gif
D

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Only thing i can see is that its a T coder: maybe it was converted to a V8?

If there's something else i cant see it.

Gary

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya the fact that they are selling it as a v8. I mean this is a dealership who is selling a car. Im just worried that some guy that doesnt know much about cars buys this thing thinking he is getting a v8 when in actuality its a 6.

Mike

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Nope, there's an engine pic at the very end. It's a six-banger.

Steve

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Well first of all, i dont see a problem if its a proper V8 conversion.

But...

If you dont know the difference between an I6 and a V8 then you really shouldnt be buying a car /forums/images/icons/wink.gif OK, this is e'b'ay - but if it IS a 6 banger, im sure that has to be illegal, as the impending owner may find out!

Gary

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Look at the end of the description... they corrected themselves last Tuesday morning. eB(a)y doesn't allow you to change your description once a bid is made, only add information. Unless there's another problem you're talking about, we can cut the seller a little slack here.

Steve

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
And dammit, there's nothing wrong with six cylinder motors... Just stock ones anyway. Haha. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

And dammit, there's nothing wrong with six cylinder motors... Just stock ones anyway. Haha.

<hr></blockquote>

Awww, come on! You want a V8, dont deny it..../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

Gary

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I went and looked at a 65 coupe a couple of weeks back. Guy had it up as a 65, V8 , 4 barrel, restoration project. I went to have a look and it was a T code as well.However , whom ever changed the engine also changed the to 5 studs. Another thing was it was an automatic, but had a clutch pedal wired to the floor..Body was in bad shape and the wierd thing was the floors looked pretty good.It has been sitting for 6 years or better and he was asking 1500, for it..Not for me thank you.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Don't make me hurl, gary. Only thing I want a V8 for is to embarass at the track when they bet my L6 won't turn faster than their stock 289. Pffft. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts