Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions that I want to run by someone, and If I can take the car to them, It would help.
Thanks...Kevin

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Don't know about Waterloo, but there's a guy south of Des Moines (Indianola) that's very sharp if you expand your search....

-bob

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
there's a really good tranny place in Cedar Rapids, called Cedar Rapids Transmission.... on 8th Ave SE I believe...

They'll very friendly and have never had problems with them. They rebuilt my C4 for my '66...

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
Hi Kevin,
I have always had good success with the guys @ Arnolds Motor Supply there on Waterloo road.
There is a good machine shop up near Mason City, too....Grawmondbecks (sp?). They are on Hwy 65/Federal Blvd just south of town. They do lots of SB & 5.0 and later model Ford build ups.I can PM their phone number if you wish.
~Jeff

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I just talked with a guy that's in Evansdale (next to waterloo). He seems very knowlegable with the 351C's. I am going to go see him Wednesday.
I have been noticing blue smoke at idle, and he suspects the valve seals are riding up the valve stems. Sounds like a good reason to me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Let me know who you talk to about the C4. I have a C4 in my car that needs some attention, and not really sure who to take it to. I was thinking about L&M Transmissions in Cedar Falls, but if you find someone else who knows quite a bit, I'd be interested.

Thanks,
Wes

1 - 6 of 6 Posts