Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Are these 1969 Buckets?

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  lunarweasel 
#1 ·
I guess I don't know what I want for seats in my '65 coupe. It came with buckets, but I pulled them and installed a bench seat. Now I am looking for later seats that have a headrest (they might be nice when I install a 408W). I found a decent set of leather (1997 or so) buckets from a Mustang in a junkyard. See this post:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/m...-what-leather-1997-mustang-buckets-worth.html

I found these bucket seats on Craigslist for $75, but the upholstery does not look like Mustang upholstery:

I thought they would look like the ones lunarweasel got:

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/v...1-cleaning-seats-fresh-out-barn-so-speak.html

The shape looks right but the upholstery looks different.

Thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
Hmm, the shape is about right. There should be a seat back release on the outer side of the seat back about 6 inches from the top of the seat if its a 69. The upholstery is close but I don't think its 69. Maybe 70, or cougar, or a trim shop special. Can you take a side or back shot?

#7 ·
Not to steal the thread, but a quick question for Lunarweasel regarding the link posted to hi older thread. After reading it I noticed your mentioning you talked to TMI about sewing an upholstery set for you that would fit the '69 seats, but with '65 stitching. Do you recall who you talked to (and possibly a price)? I spoke with TMI while attending the 45th anniversary at Birmingham. They looked at me like I had three heads and had just asked them accomplish world peace in under two days! The rep told me, nope can't do it!

BTW, regarding your seats Dude, they do indeed look like a '69 Ford product. The pattern isn't Cougar though. The stitching goes across the seat (horizontally, not vertically like yours). I was curious and checked it against several Cougar parts dealers under their upholstery sections.

#12 ·
For what it is worth, my seats are out of a 69 Fastback and have 69 date tags on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.