Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the clutch pedal normally sit closer to the driver than the brake pedal? What is the correct distance from the clutch pedal to the floor? I think I read somewhere that the brake pedal is 4" to the floor....

Attachments

·
Registered
35,250 Posts
They should be even, but rarely are. Is your clutch up-stop bumper on the pedal support in good condition?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup clutch pedal is tight with the rubber stop. I just got the brakes bled and the brakes are tight before the pedal can hit the floor.
I have the adjustable push rod in the master cylinder almost all the way out to bring the pedal up. It sits about 5" to the toe board. The clutch pedal is just over 6" to the toe board. I am running the Mustang Steve cable clutch. And aftermarket master cylinder/ brake booster with discs on all 4 corners. The kit came with the longer power brake pedal to replace the manual one it had from Ford...

·
Premium Member
11,471 Posts
Yup clutch pedal is tight with the rubber stop. I just got the brakes bled and the brakes are tight before the pedal can hit the floor.
I have the adjustable push rod in the master cylinder almost all the way out to bring the pedal up. It sits about 5" to the toe board. The clutch pedal is just over 6" to the toe board. I am running the Mustang Steve cable clutch. And aftermarket master cylinder/ brake booster with discs on all 4 corners. The kit came with the longer power brake pedal to replace the manual one it had from Ford...
Buy or make a longer brake push rod.

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
With power brakes, the brake and clutch are at staggered heights off the floor. See below:

Reactions: RV6

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
With power brakes, the brake and clutch are at staggered heights off the floor. See below:

How does the brake pedal compare in height to the accelerator?

·
Registered
8,476 Posts
Here's a shot of a Ranchero pedal set up that can give you some perspective:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I think I'm just going to leave it alone then and move on to finishing up the wiring - thanks guys!

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not at all as far as I can tell. Everything is tight. The car only has about 88k on the clock and at some point in 1982 Ford put in a new pedal assembly. Not sure why but there were oem parts stickers on the top of the assembly dated 1982 which was the year my brother bought the car. He's may have put 5k tops on it since then.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts