Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
eleanor clone on ehay.8 bids at 42,500.00 and reserve not met.are people out of thier mind?have too much money or did I miss something.for that kind of money you can have the real deal.I am building a shelby clone because I can't buy a real one .but would never invest that amount of money in a fad.and if your not the winning bidder you can have one build for winning bid amount.get on the list before it gets to long!

·
Registered
757 Posts
You hit the nail on the head, in fact I was going to post a similar thread but you beat me to it. What really kills me, is that the seller posts the car in the Shelby forum, and does not specifically state that it is a Shelby clone. They only say it is an Eleanor clone. This same guy sold one for 25,000 a few months back!! I can't believe people are so stupid they would buy that car.

G

·
0 Posts
Being that it's my dream car I would like to point out some more flaws. Wrong size tires first off. Automatice Transmission. More importantly...the "Go Baby Go" nitrous switch is missing. Theres also no mention of the Total Control Products Suspension/Steering components used on Eleanor. Now with those components and a 428 CJ engine...I'll pay!!!!

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You might figure that they are trying to get an insurance $$ amount buy a high bid. Now if there is a buddy bidding with a high reserve...that remains to be seen. If one is fool enough to pay, well...they must realy want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts