Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find something else wrong with it. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I went out today to clean up the cowl area, getting ready to cut out the bad sections and weld new ones in. Well, I hadn't noticed until today that on the driver's side, the plastic tank, or whatever it's called, under the cowl section is MISSING! The passenger side's is there, but no driver side's. Everything is just stacking up....I don't know how I'm going to finish this car, and when I do, I'll be 30. There's sooo much that needs replaced. /forums/images/icons/mad.gif And I want to drive it sooo bad! /forums/images/icons/frown.gif Oh well. So, do they sell those parts anywhere? If not, I'm pretty much screwed right? I don't think I'm going to want to go to a salvage yard and take apart the entire cowl for it. I just don't know.....any help guys? And some encouragement would help too. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Clarify what you mean by "plastic tank". On 65-66's there is a heater box on the passenger side, and a fresh air vent on the driver's side. No plastic at all on d/s (except for a grill cover on the fresh air vent, sometimes).

And... What's wrong with 30? /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doh! I guess I should have researched what exactly is under that area. So, there's nothing missing. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Thanks. Hehehe. BTW, nothing's wrong with 30, it's just....that's a long way from now. lol Maybe I should have said 80? *G* Well, still, things are stacking up....you should see the cowl panel. There's about 1/4 left of the metal there!!! It's a good thing I'm doing this all by myself, because with everything that needs done (front sections of both side floors, one quarter, cowl, tail light panel, hood, both doors, engine bay metal, trunk lid...I think that's it lol), it would cost me some body parts to have that done! But--I WILL KEEP GOING!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif WIsh me luck...I'm going to start cutting/welding on Wednsay. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
been there with the cowl. I looked at it as "I'd rather do this now, than later" and pulled the cover off, windshield was out, and replaced both sides. Luckily, the firewall wasn't too badly harmed, nor the side panels (behind the kick panels). Just make sure that you seal everything (including the windshield) well upon reassembly.

Good luck!

Paul

G

·
0 Posts
Hey I resemble that remark! I bought my 67 when I was 16 and am still finalizing little things here and there. My most recent projects are to mellow out the road vibration with new axles and an aluminum driveshaft. Currently (as in right this moment) am installing a new monte carlo bar. My dad says at least I am not bored.....whatever dad....

/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts