Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a complete fog light assembly for my 67 coupe a little while back - no problems getting the assembly into the car, but now when I'm faced with doing the wiring, I'm completely stumped.

I've checked all the usual manuals - Osborne, the ford manual, etc, but the only picture I've been able to find so far was in the 67 Osborne Electrical Manual and that was of such bad quality that it was impossible to see anything. Looked like somebody had spilled coffee on it and tried to clear up the mess with generous helpings of white-out.

Anyway, I have all the wiring I need (I hope) - the firewall to fog lamp feed, the underdash feed, the switch and, of course, the two fog lamp pigtails themselves. BUT ...

1) What do the 2 fog lamp pigtails connect to?
2) What does the firewall to fog lamp feed connect to?

I think I figured out the under dash feed - somebody else posted about that some time ago - but after going through 200+ fog light posts here on VMF, I still haven't figured out the answers to the 2 questions above ...

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Firewall to foglamp lead run in the main harness and should have two leads that drop out near the fogs. It should be wrapped into the existing harness. The pigtails run from the two feeds off the main to the lights.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, guys - that made sense.

And, yeah, 390GTAcv, that picture was super helpful in figuring out the under dash wiring - so if you have a similar one from inside in the engine compartment, showing the fog light wiring routed through the radiator supports, that would be great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts