Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everybody do with the old holes after the arning drop? Should they be welded up or is there a chance that you would need them in the future?

david

·
Registered
6,042 Posts
For aesthetics you might be able to put a very short carriage bolt through from the engine side- it would look cleaner and you could go back to using it if you wanted to.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Welded mine - didn't like the empty holes in my engine compartment. Not too worried about the next owner...

MrFreeze

Reactions: msh-r

·
Registered
385 Posts
I just left mine alone. cant really see them unless you go looking for them. Having them there is a great talking point when comparing notes at car show with people thinking about doing the drop.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang Hardtop
1,712 Posts
Left mine open. I first thought of welding them shut, but what if I ever wanted to put the UCA back to make the car truly original again?
Wait. You have an authentic Shelby. Shouldn't the holes already be drilled?

Reactions: zray

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Only '65 GT-350's and early '66 GT-350's had the drop as "factory."
Don't know about the '66 TA coupes, never checked those. (since
the ones Shelby built were basically R-models, they probably
were drilled.....

Reactions: zray

·
Premium Member
13,094 Posts
Only '65 GT-350's and early '66 GT-350's had the drop as "factory."
Don't know about the '66 TA coupes, never checked those. (since
the ones Shelby built were basically R-models, they probably
were drilled.....
That's right. My mid '66 Shelby (1117) didn't have the drop, but I had no hesitation in having it done as soon as I bought it. Much more enjoyable, and had no effect on the value of the car when I sold it 12 years later.

Z

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
Not on a 69. I think that was only some of the early GT350R's. The 69's actually started life as Mach I's and did not get a lot of performance mods, but did get the cosmetics.

Sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,058 Posts
I know we're drifting from the subject, but, "Speaking of Hertz", I have a fondness for antique boats. Every year on Father's Day, an antique boat show is held on the grounds and water surrounding The Chesapeake Maritime Museum in St. Michael's, Maryland. I took the following shot, among many others, last summer......

Attachments

1 - 20 of 24 Posts