Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, what started as a 4-day Classic Air conditioning Installation is turning into a 2-week project. The Timing cover on my car is not correct, I don't know what it is from, but it is 3/8" deeper than the C5ZZ timing cover that came in the box o'parts that came with the car 3 years ago. Consequently the W/P pulley doesn't line up with the crankshaft, alternator, or P/S pump. We were in such a hurry to get the car back together after the engine rebuild, we just cleaned up the parts we took off, and put the motor back together. Now, in order to get this project finished, I have to remove the A/C compressor bracket and P/S pump bracket, take off the new W/P, the timing cover, clean up the C5ZZ timing cover and install it (when the gasket set comes in), put on a new water pump (don't ask) when that comes in, then re-install the brackets, etc that I have put on in anticipation of the A/C installation. Then try to finish the A/C installation. It may be winter before the car is back on the road!

On top of all that, the sanden compressor doesn't fit on the bracket that was made for it! I assumed that it straddled the 2 bosses, but the pix show it in front of them. I guess I will have to wait until I get to that point again, and see where it lines up!

It's a good thing I don't mind working on the car in 97% humidity!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, that is a much better pic than the one in the books. I don't have those spacers for the front, I probably need to buy them. Which groove on the ulley do you use for the belt?

·
Registered
185 Posts
That sounds like every project I attempt. Nothing is EVER as easy as it is supposed to be.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts