Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went back over the dozens of posts on the old forum trying to get info skin replacements. I found a lot of stuff and had a lot of my questions answered without having to post, HOWEVER, there was one particular questioned asked many times and no one answered it. How do you know where the skins you are looking at (swap meet, retail store, mail order etc.) are made. Everyone tells me that theirs are the "good ones" and that I have watchout for the other guys. Is there a 'MADE IN THE USA' stamp on it? Asian writting? or does it smell like bacon, maple syrup and beer from Canada, eh? Does anyone really know .... and as far as the thicker/thinner answer ....... who goes around with a micrometre in their pocket and besides I would assume that thicker recycled Kia's would be worse than virgin cold roll.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I bought several parts this last weekend and the American Designer parts are made in America, as in Canada, North America. The floor pans I got have quite a few burrs in the stamped holes, too, as I now have 2 good cuts on my fingers. Next time I will remember to wear gloves, maybe.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
If it says "Made in Taiwan" or R.O.C. (Republic of China) avoid it. Usually there is a paper sticker on the part saying so but the vendor should be able to tell you.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts