Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Very cool pictures.
Ironically, I just read that "Tex" Earnhardt passed in AZ today. I live in the same town as his son Hal and got to know Hal and his family over the years. Here are some pics of old AZ Ford dealerships, including the Earnhardts.
"Tex" was the youngest person to ever be awarded a Ford dealership in the country at the age of 20.
Here is a link to his bio

Pic of his dealership in 1951

Another long standing dealership that hosts Mustang shows in the Valley was Sanderson Ford. Pic is from the 50's

·
Premium Member
6,062 Posts
Very cool, guys.

·
Registered
309 Posts
RIP Tex.

Very cool pictures.
Ironically, I just read that "Tex" Earnhardt passed in AZ today. I live in the same town as his son Hal and got to know Hal and his family over the years. Here are some pics of old AZ Ford dealerships, including the Earnhardts.
"Tex" was the youngest person to ever be awarded a Ford dealership in the country at the age of 20.
Here is a link to his bio

·
Premium Member
13,170 Posts
I noticed that in the At The Factory photos the first color photo, the Red Fastback, claims it is a HiPo. That front fender emblem sure doesn't look like a 289 Hi Po emblem to me.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't quite sure about that one either. Had to look closely, but couldn't tell for sure.
That photo from 2nd66 from Valley Ford... just calculating the worth of those cars, in NOS concours just-off-the-line condition, in today's dollars made my head spin.

·
Registered
312 Posts

Reactions: image98

·
Registered
Ford Mustang fastback GT390
140 Posts
Thanks all for sharing the photo's, my 68 fastback was built @ the San Jose Plant, then transported to this dealership.
HAYWARD MOTORS
25501 MISSION BLV
HAYWARD CA 94541.
Any pictures out there of this dealership, something to add to my cars history. My car was sold on the 11th of March 1968, the same day as the original Bullitt.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thanks for posting about these photos. Among the vintage Ford dealer photos was a shot of Academy Ford in Laurel MD, where my car was originally sold. The dealer is still around today, but doesn't look quite the same.

I always shake my head when I see the music video where Martha Reeves and the Vandellas pass through the area where they are painting the hoods. Very little protective gear for the workers. And one guy isn't even looking at what he is painting part of the time. I wonder how that hood came out? Is anybody attempting to claim their car is the unfinished one they rode in on the assembly line? Just kidding...I don't think there would be any way to know.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm enjoying looking at these newly posted pics. But, in image98's first pic, that gas tank sure got bashed in somewhere on the assembly line!
Same pic, I love how the exhaust pipe is mounted upside down, open end up, ready to collect the rainwater. Okay, maybe bolting down was later in the assembly line, but...Wow.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts