Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the brake upgrade I was having a serious time getting the pedal to not be spongy. Bled them by the book, vacuum bled them, bled them again. First stroke is almost down to the firewall, but it comes up fast on the next two pumps. Just bled them again with the wife operating the pedal. I'm paying close attention to the reservoir levels. Followed the CSRP instructions exactly for the new MC plumbing. Checked it numerous times. Noticed that the rear reservoir dropped when I bled the rear brakes. WTH??? Well, turns out the plumbing 'as found' had the rear line and passenger front swapped at the block. Front line was at back of block, rear at bottom near fiirewall. This is also not as it is in the FSM. So now I know the issue. Better to take that one on fresh tomorrow. Check your lines as to where they go, not just where they are. Don't know if this is a running change or something else happened in the intervening years. All looked factory with that nice bend coming out the back of the block. Looked just like the pictures in the CSRP instructions. Glad that's at least found.
Time for an adult beverage...

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Assume nothing indeed!

Reactions: jjpish68
1 - 2 of 2 Posts