Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the 69 out for a ride tonight. While sitting at a stop light heading out of town on the highway up pulls this BMW Z3. The guy driving looks over at me and said he heard those cars (my 69 Mach 1) were a real piece of crap. So I ask him what he has that will beat it. His reply your looking at it. Well not to be one to turn down a chance to give him a good butt kickin I said lets do it. Now while this jerk was looking over the 69 I know he saw the 351 emblems on the shaker. Well little does he know that it's a 427 Windsor under the hood. Light turns green and were off. I new I jump him on the start as I could not see him along side of me.With tires still smoking I pulled second and look up in the rear view mirror to see him about 5 car lengths behind. Went into third and this guy is fading fast. By the time I back off in fouth gear around 100 mph he's about 12-15 car lengths back. So as I slow he goes fling by. As he went by I let him know he was number 1. Hope he's not mad.

69 Mach 1 427 Windsor

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
A sleeper 351...nice.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
LOL...all that work he supposedly got done and he got wasted....he's a happy guy right now!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
Ahahahaha, Always a good feeling to setup a sleeper and watch everyones mouths drop.

A buddy of mine and I are setting up his 2000 GT with the V6 emblems and single muffler just so he can do the same to the ricer burners. HEHE

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
When I was into VW Bugs there was a guy that mounted a 327ci under the FRONT hood of a real clean relatively stock looking bug. He later put a 350ci under the hood. Had a narrowed rear axle with real wide slicks that fit under the wheel wells. It had some louvers on the front hood for the radiator. Oh, and the interior dash went straight down and the front seats were mounted where the rear seats would have gone. I only noticed something was different because it had twin tailpipes like muscle cars (2 1/2"?). The slicks were hard to see since the car sat inches off the ground. Hate to say it but he blew a lot of muscle cars off the road.

Those poor souls thought it was VW power!!!

Talk about sleeper!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
hehehe... Thanks for the news!!! I just love to start my days out right!!! And stories about butt kicking and teaching lessons at the expense of ricers and other german wonder cars... about the true power of Mustang Muscle.... well I guess I'll be smiling all day long!!!!!
JDiehl
70 76 B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts