Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using a Binks 7 with a 36 tip for years now. I'm thinking about getting an HVLP gun. I've never used one. I asked the folks at autobodystore, but I can't be sure I'm getting unbiased opinions. Can the HVLP produce results equal to or better than conventional? Are there any disadvantages to HVLP? Which gun do you recommend?

I guess I'll post this on the old forum too.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
I'd go with HVLP....she's more likely to get pregnant and have a girl that way....

Little girls are cool!

Gee, you're swell....busy this weekend???

hehehe

http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/racecar_thm01.JPG

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I switched to the HVLP a couple of years ago and am very satisfied. It produces less overspray and saves on paint. It seems to flow better and give excellent coverage.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Hey, I wanted to get us started on the right foot here....or is that left?? right-left-right-left....pretty soon we're dancin'...*G*

BTW...search for "binks" turned up your post....good so far...

Pat

http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/racecar_thm01.JPG

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I have HVLP equipment and I love it. The fog you usually see while painting with your Binks will be gone. There is a little more orange peel than with your binks but with base clear systems it's not a problem anyway (just make sure you leave a little for the MCA goons). Material usage is way down as well. I use DeVilbiss guns but I'll be honest the Sharpe guns are better balanced. Sada guns are great but pricey!

David Stribling, West Coast Connection, 11 Meahme Trail, Crawfordsville Indiana 47933 765-362-1719

·
Registered
607 Posts
i've heard alotta good things about the sharpe platinum, but its a little pricey, the finishline II is pretty good for about 150

65 convert 289 2v 4 spd
93 LX with a built 5.0
71 VW superbeetle with air!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts