Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First let me say what a BEAUTIFUL car you have!!!!! I hope that someday mine will look close to that!!! WOW!!!

Is it the camera angle of the first pic on your opening page, or is your fastback slightly higher in the rear-end? My 65 sits closely to the pics of your car in the photos from 65, but I would like to raise it a little, not much, but a little, and yours looks GREAT!!!

What did you do, if anything?

THANKS!!!!!

Dan
65 FASTBACK

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dan,
Your eyes did not deceive you. When I rebuilt the suspension I elected to go with 600# 1" drop springs from NPD (I decided against doing the Shelby relocation). I also replaced the rear springs. I got them from the local Ford dealer. They are the service replacement springs used on the Hi-Po and GT models. The Ford part no. is: C7ZZ-5560-M. You could approach Eaton Detroit Spring with this no. and save a bundle of cash from what I paid at Ford (close to $300..ouch). Now the front is 1 3/16" lower (measuring from the bottom of the weld seam just behind the tire). Let me know if I can be of more help. Good Luck.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1606262&a=12247897&p=44606300.jpg
The G-Man's '65 K-code Fastback
Visit my website<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by 65HiPo on 03/28/01 04:58 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, Did the new springs in the rear raise the rear-end any? Or was it mostly the 1 3/16 inch drop in the front of the fastback that makes it look sooo MEAN!!!!!

THANKS!!!

Dan
65 FASTBACK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts