Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all.

For those of you who were not able to make it, we had quite a good time
today, and the weather really cooperated for a change!

There were at least 10 people in the Blackwell to Bemis cruise, and once
we got everyone together at Bemis, there were probably more than 20 cars
there... (Did anyone get a count?)

Anyways, I will try to upload my pics when I get to work monday. Feel free
to use this thread to tell us your experiences too!

Thanks to all who came out. The food was great, and I met yet a few more new
faces, even if they were old friends here on the forum!

-Zim

·
Registered
264 Posts
It was a great day and I enjoyed the chance to finally meet some of the locals! What a fantastic bunch of cars! Thanks, Zim for organizing the event! I know I am speaking for most when I say that you've done a great job in pulling us together.

Thanks again'
Jack

·
Registered
879 Posts
Wish we could have been there. The weather in Indiana was cold and damp. The golf was bad, but my great nephew was pretty cute!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I second Jack's comments. It was a perfect day for a cruise and a picnic. I am sorry I couldn't have stayed longer. Was surprised to meet Cindy and George at the picnic. They live in Orland Park (like myself) and Cindy teaches with my wife. It is a small world. The grouping of Mustangs was a pretty picture. Chuck

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I agree!

I had a wonderful time. Got to meet some VMFers I haven't met before, had some good food, got to try out the toolbox grill, plus put some much needed miles on the Stang without breaking anything! (I did lose a traction bar snubber somewhere between my house and Bemis, though. I had to be sure to acceleration at a very conservative pace on the way home :()

A great time for sure, thanks again Zim!

·
Registered
338 Posts
SWMBO and I (and our daughter Heidi too) had a great time also. It was nice getting to meet more people face to face. Hopefully one of these days we'll show up in an actual Mustang!

·
Registered
1 Posts
It was a perfect day and a great cruise! It was great to meet all of you for the first time and I hope to see you again soon.
Thanks
Spencer

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
We got there a little late too, due to still getting settled into our place. I did get to meet some nice folks anyway, and SWMBO got to scope some colors and cars. One of these days she'll get her Mustang all picked out. ::

Zim, I didn't get to meet you but maybe we will sometime now that we live up here in the area.

·
1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Surely you noticed the guy with the cheeze dip all over his T shirt!

::

I remember seeing you walk up, but as usual, was in the middle of 3
different conversations.

Glad you made it out to the park, and I'm sure we'll see you around soon.

-Zim

·
Registered
182 Posts
We had a great time on Sunday also. It was nice meeting additional people within our club and seeing the ones we already met. At one point during the cruise from Blackwell we thought our vert was sounding pretty good. Then we realized that this awesome sound was coming from Mike's 68 428 two cars behind us ::. Maybe we can do something like this again in the Fall.

Here are some photos of the cruise and a few of the cars when we first arrived at the park:
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=121328249

Jeff & Dawn

·
Registered
620 Posts
Photo's did not work for me either. Says I am not the owner. Wish I could have made it there. really sounded like a great turn out but stayed home too help take care of sick SWMBO and daughter who some how caught the Flu bug.

·
Registered
182 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts