Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[color:red]That 50'S Thing</font color=red>
Sponsored by NorthPointe Community Church is being held on Sunday August 11th.

Last year there was just under 100 cars entered. Not to bad being their first year! This year they are estimating even more cars will be present.

Awards will be going to 1st & 2nd in each of the classes listed below, including a Best of Show. There is even talk of a concourse judge being present to help out with the judging.

Classes
* Mustangs to '76
* Camaros to '76
* Muscle cars
* T-Buckets
* Street Rods to '31
* Fat Fenders '40 - '48
* Chevrolet '55 - '57
* Pick-ups
* Under Construction

This will be a fun evening (4-8 pm) including a live band catering to the 50's music, and good food offered by "The Malt Shop" who is known locally for their great burgers & Ice Cream. There will also be prizes raffled off and contest, even a bounce house for the kiddies.

Admission is [color:red]FREE</font color=red> and so is the registration if you would like to enter your vehicle in the show.

If anyone from Fresno or the surrounding areas would like to participate, please contact me through this post, pm or my email at [email protected]

Of course since I am on the committee this year, it would be great to see a really nice turn out of Mustangs! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Good to see you survived...*G*

Renee has clients tonight so I'll be passing on the CVMC meeting...after two long days I feel like a slug bug anyway..

Well, you saw our car at Bob's the other night....think it's worth putting in a show? The car is pretty much original and isn't a show car by any standard although I've done a few touring shows where a rally and show were combined...

Anyway, if you think it wouldn't be out of place, I'll check with Renee about the 11th...IIRC, we were going to Parker early in August but I don't remember which weekend...OF disease..*G*

Have a good one!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did survive, /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Thank you!

I think your car would do great! you can't beat the price "Free Resgistration, and good music & food". I want to put the 66 in as well, but it's looking like it will be headed for the "under construction class", If problems keep popping up!

How about your race car? I'm sure that would go over well also! They always seem to draw a lot of attention. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif I know a couple others that will probably trailer their cars there also. Just a thought!

Let me know if you decide to do either or both, and I'll get your registratration info. later.

·
Registered
7,671 Posts
"Mayberry" Watching Club meets tonight at the Cullman Civic Center. Laugh with Andy and Barney as Floyd cuts Goober's hair...

Space is limited...Be there early!

G

·
0 Posts
* Mustangs to '76

That seems like an odd cutoff date. What's the difference between a 76 and 77 Mustang?

Just curious.

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no idea why the cut off @ '76? since the mustang II went through '78. My guess, is the person in charge is more into street rods, as he has mentioned at the meetings, and has a lack of knowledge of the mustangs & camaros.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts