Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any interested I will detail the basics of my disc brake conversion. I purchased an adaptor kit($130) to fit local falcon disc rotors onto the original spindles with Holden(GM) Kingswood calipers, it all screwed together easily. A 1975 XB Falcon brake booster and master cylinder bolt straight into the firewall and fit the original brake pedal with no modification. So far it has cost about $500 all up but I still have to reco the calipers and buy new flexible brake lines. Heaps cheaper than some of those kits from over there.

Tim Russell
Sale, Victoria, Australia

67 Convertible

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Tim, if you could put together a web page on your conversion, I'll bet some of the other folks down under and in Europe could make good use of it...

Hopefully, as time goes by, we can establish a technical article database or library to help folks with accounts like your post...

What was the mother of invention again....?? *G*

Pat

http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/racecar_thm01.JPG

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Hey we made it freedom at last.
My brakes on the 67 were factory discs kelsey Hays. I'm told they can be expensive to repair but saves me the trouble of having do the conversion.

I guess you car had drums. Are you changing the rear wheel cylinders to the different size or putting in a limiting valve?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'll have a go at a web page soon. I tried to set one up over at Stangnet but it chewed me up and spat me out. I'll try again soon somewhere else

Tim Russell

67 Convertible

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Up the back end I'm gunna fit up a 9 inch disc brake jobby out of an XC Falcon. I think the gas axe might be needed to shorten her a bit.

Tim Russell

67 Convertible

1 - 5 of 5 Posts