Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So now that we've Switched teams I've sold off my Mustangs and I am looking to replace Them with some real cars I'd like to start collecting Chrysler "K" Cars.I hope this is ok to post? They're Chryslers right?.I want to get an idea of rare desireable options and what to look for when viewing potential purchases.With the money these things are bringing in these days I don't want to get taken advantage of.Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
776 Posts
The dodge "Reliant" was a sweet car. If you can get your hands on one, lock it up. They are high on the most desirable car theft list as the most stolen vehicle in history.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The dodge "Reliant" was a sweet car. If you can get your hands on one, lock it up. They are high on the most desirable car theft list as the most stolen vehicle in history.
Lol now that's funny right there. But if we have to go Dodge how about the omni Shelby charger...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Shelby was the worst thing that ever happened to the Omni...he took a perfectly pedestrian secretary's daughter car and made it worse.

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,024 Posts
Seriously… I mean, who would want to take a proletariat chariot and make it go faster, corner better, etc.
Lunacy!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Shelby was the worst thing that ever happened to the Omni...he took a perfectly pedestrian secretary's daughter car and made it worse.
Yeah. I mean what was he thinking putting a hardend crank and turbo on a 4 banger.... wait (light bulb) omg he's the OG of tuners.!!!!:) lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I myself am collecting ford fiestas! They are going to be worth so much I figured I could just sell everything off cheap! Took them to the junkyard and got scrap value for the firebird, mustangs and GTO's.

·
Premium Member
12,489 Posts
o give me a brake i mean break ! i worked as a mechanic at a plymouth dealer in the 80's and worked on the Reliants and they was slow. one a them Champs(death traps) with a stick and 2 speed splitter was real fast. i think you outta see about puttin a 318 detroit desiel in your not so Reliant. that 318 detroit will drop right in cause i seen a guy putta dodge 318 in a Reliant. the Reliant was always ahead of its time with that voice that said > your fuel is low , your fuel is low. i pulled out my "Dirty Harry" special and ended its little plastic life. actually i would rather have a ram 17 intake on my engine. it consist of 4 Rockchester Quadrajets and 1 1962 Rambler 1V carb. that 1V is what gives it the kick !

·
Premium Member
12,489 Posts
I myself am collecting ford fiestas! They are going to be worth so much I figured I could just sell everything off cheap! Took them to the junkyard and got scrap value for the firebird, mustangs and GTO's.
i hope you didnt take no Formula Firebird to the scrap yard cause when it grows up it want to be a TransAm ! :shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

·
Registered
430 Posts
Fiesta smesta, how about the honorable Yugo!
Think I saw one behind this one dudes house waiting for a restoration. Think I might stop by and see if I can snag it cheap.:bs:

·
Registered
9,070 Posts
I've heard the "K" cars are totally reliable...especially their electrical systems and motors. They never die...

:eek:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.