Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAS ANYONE GONE TO THE AUTO SHOW. I AM PLANNING ON GOING TOMORROW. ANYTHING TO BE SURE AND CATCH, PARKING, ETC. THIS FORUM HAS BEEN TO QUIET. THANKS AGAIN JASON AND PAUL FOR A GREAT WINTER MEETING ONCE AGAIN. DAVE

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Huh, same thing, I think I'm going tomorrow (thursday) Planning on hitting the door when they open at 10. My wife thinks it's silly to go, since she just bought a new 06' Escape. I'm looking at the Shelby too, and the Challenger after that....

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I may have an extra free pass I plam to be down there around 10 if anyone want's to try for it. Call my cell I plan to be at the doors about 10 630 669-0927. Dave

·
Registered
155 Posts
Will be going as well, but won't be down there till the evening hours on Thursday. Like most, going for the drool factor.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I am going Friday. Of course will need to see the Shelby. Figure that will never be in my price range, but want to have a look. From what I hear those cars will go ABOVE msrp. Also like to look at the European cars. They usually have nice models. ;) ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Saturday afternoon for me,wife daughter&boyfriend. I know we are CRAZY :horror: but that's the only time we can make it. I'll be looking for all the posts on what to drool over and all those that need to be passed up.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I went down there on Friday last week. I asked the wife at lest 5 times can I have one, Can I have one! Don't forget to sign up for the test drive when they come in. They will call you!

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
That Blue Ford GT with the orange stripes is MINE!!!!!
Up until the time I check my lotto tickets.....

·
Registered
155 Posts
Okay,,,Roddster was right the Blue/Orange Ford GT looked sweet..would be a ride and a half to own. Will have to go out and buy lotto tickets..The GT500 was nice, but a bit of a disappointment for me. Was hoping for better overall look. Okay, I own a shelby and I am a car guy...The Challenger was the hot car...nice car and they captured the look of the 70/71 model with new updates. So don't beat me up for liking it, but will see if it gets into production without any changes...doubt it. And if we are dreaming (and won the lottery) take a look at the Maybach 57S by Mercedes (about 380 grand??)...now that's traveling in real style to the track were you can then race your GT40 when you get there. Enjoy the show.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Great show. I made the mistake and sat in the back of an 06, there was actually more room than I thought. A seven year old and a two year old should fit in there just fine!
As far as the Shelby, I thought it looked better than I suspected. Was told it will list for 40 for the coupe, and 45 for the convert. They will be released in June/July. Should be a two year run with 8-10000 produced. Was told some dealerships might even sell it for msrp.
I have to admit, I could not leave the challenger . Dodge did a much better job on this versus the charger.
All in all a great show and a fun way to spend 5 hours on a Friday afternoon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts