Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to a guy who has a 66 for sale 302 (1986) auto he said he had the trans rebuilt but it wont shift on its own you can manually shift it though what might cause this the car sounds like what I am looking for just concerned about that thanks

G

·
0 Posts
First, I would check back with the seller for clarification. It is possible that the transmission has been modified with a manual valve body. In this case, it is working exactly as it should. A manual valve body essentially converts the tranny into a clutchless manual transmission. So basically, have the seller confirm whether it is a problem, or a modification, and then let us know.

-Brian

66restomod's Home Page
[color:red]Updated: 4/13/2001</font color=red>
"In preparing for battle I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable."-Eisenhower

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds like a problem he told me he had the trans rebuilt but there is still a problem etc he said a buddy of his told him it sounded like a vacume problem I am more of a straight shift person dont know a whole lot about autos any info you can give me will help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts