1964 1/2 Convertible - 260 V8 C4 Automatic, Power Top, Console, 4 Wheel Drums
2,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

We are back on!

Please find the details here:

Autobahn Show Info Page

Product Motor vehicle Wheel Font Screenshot

As usual we will be looking for helpers to do the usual registration, parking, track traffic, and judging. Please contact me directly at [email protected] if you want to help!

Watch this space for info about the goody bag stuffing day which will likely be the previous weekend.

Hope to see you all there!

-Zim

·
Registered
237 Posts
May try to make it up there if the weather cooperates. Is there truck/trailer parking if I decide not drive my car? My rear end can't take much more than 2 hrs on these stock seats.

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,460 Posts
I should be there if the weather is good!

Chris

·
Registered
Formerly a 1968 Mustang in Sunlit Gold and Black Vinyl roof; 289 V-8; automatic; radio; WSW tires
85 Posts
Hi,
I attended the car show today and was very impressed with the turnout of the different era Mustangs that came. The Autobahn Country Club was beautiful too.

I was the only Mustang Mach E there which was not unusual since this show was sponsored by the Vintage Mustang group but what really bothered me was when it came time for judging the cars, the team of judges looked at cars in our class (F) but didn't even come to look at my car. I'm not a sore loser and I didn't go today just to win but I felt this was unfair. I was upset after this happened and left the show. It was an unhappy ending to what had been a great day.
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
Formerly a 1968 Mustang in Sunlit Gold and Black Vinyl roof; 289 V-8; automatic; radio; WSW tires
85 Posts
I didn't see anybody judging cars, so they musta done it really stealthy. Maybe they were judging while I was on the track.
We saw a group of them judging cars. They would stop for awhile at the cars they picked for the three winning slots. Once they stopped at the third car they just left without even considering the rest of us (not just me). I was not the only one watching this as another contestant pointed the judging team out to me. This was Class F so I don’t know about the rest of the cars.

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,460 Posts
They came by my car, group A, however I knew I didn’t have a chance and was A-OK with that. Besides I made my friend Gary’s car look better lol

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Chris

·
Registered
237 Posts
I didn't make it, as forecast looked like rain would be very close. Did you guys get any rain? Also, high winds at a car show makes me nervous. Chairs and easy-ups blowing around and such.

·
Registered
1966 GT 4spd
1,460 Posts
I didn't make it, as forecast looked like rain would be very close. Did you guys get any rain? Also, high winds at a car show makes me nervous. Chairs and easy-ups blowing around and such.
It sprinkled a little for a second but that was it. The rain all went north. Some beautiful cars there.

One of my favs, a real aluminum bodied Cobra by Kirkham

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Chris

Reactions: Grabber70Mach

·
Registered
10,296 Posts
Judging: I was not a judge, but, it isn't easy to just pick out 3 cars out of a row of very superb cars. If you didn't win, don't feel bad as "everybody has Mustang (or Ford) story". Get up, go around and chat.
Track laps: all good, yeah, we even followed the speed limit (cough-cough-yeah!)
The cars: loved a lot of them The two that came late, that 63 1/2 Falcon, the 64 Galaxie where very nice. Loved the 69 GT 500 and the Kirkham roadster. The 70 boss 302 was nice, both the 68 and the 71 Torino's looked good. The 2 Mavericks were cool. Had a nice conversation with the owner of the 2.3 newer Mustang - can't get over how much HP those little engines have. Remember that Falcon wagon with the 6 cylinder? Well that runs the quarter in the 12's (!!!!!!)
Saw the Mach E electric Mustang. Years from now you'll be glad you bought it. I don't recall seeing it out on the track. Would have been cool too.
Me: I owned the 67 GT 350 with the scoop light. And I had another members son with out on the track in it. He is 12. I hope I didn't bore him too much.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Judging: I was not a judge, but, it isn't easy to just pick out 3 cars out of a row of very superb cars. If you didn't win, don't feel bad as "everybody has Mustang (or Ford) story". Get up, go around and chat.
Track laps: all good, yeah, we even followed the speed limit (cough-cough-yeah!)
The cars: loved a lot of them The two that came late, that 63 1/2 Falcon, the 64 Galaxie where very nice. Loved the 69 GT 500 and the Kirkham roadster. The 70 boss 302 was nice, both the 68 and the 71 Torino's looked good. The 2 Mavericks were cool. Had a nice conversation with the owner of the 2.3 newer Mustang - can't get over how much HP those little engines have. Remember that Falcon wagon with the 6 cylinder? Well that runs the quarter in the 12's (!!!!!!)
Saw the Mach E electric Mustang. Years from now you'll be glad you bought it. I don't recall seeing it out on the track. Would have been cool too.
Me: I owned the 67 GT 350 with the scoop light. And I had another members son with out on the track in it. He is 12. I hope I didn't bore him too much.
That was my Mach E and I didn’t take it on the track because I had never done that before and honestly was a little hesitant to go. I should have gone and given the chance again, I will. As far as judging, I totally agree that it would not be easy to pick 3 cars out of each class but that is what the show said they would do. My gripe is that all the cars weren’t given an equal chance because they all weren’t judged. Everyone paid their $20 entrance fee and had their cars all detailed and ready. It was a big letdown for me when all the cars (mine being one of them) weren’t judged. In the future I’ll know better and if I ever enter this event again I’ll know what to expect. It was really nice to see all the Mustangs there from the various years and since I owned a ‘68 Mustang I’m partial to that era. I also had a 2002 Torch Red Thunderbird and it was nice seeing the retro birds there. The Torch Red looked just like my Bird only it wasn’t a 2002. The future is EV cars but this is a vintage Mustang group so I think it will always be the ICE Mustangs.

·
Registered
85 Posts
3 of my fellow club members that I was with that day got awards in their class for their 2012 and 2013 Boss 302s, and '16 Shelby GT-H. Not too bad out of the 10 cars we had there.
Congrats to your two fellow club members and friends in Class E.

I don't know anybody in the VMC club so I don't know the winners in Class F. I think we were 2015 to 2021. The '16 Shelby GT-H must have been in Class F then not E.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Congrats to your two fellow club members and friends in Class E.

I don't know anybody in the VMC club so I don't know the winners in Class F. I think we were 2015 to 2021. The '16 Shelby GT-H must have been in Class F then not E.
It was in H. That's where all the Shelbys after 2006 were. That's where my car was, but I was hanging out with my Boss friends.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts