Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '66 IL6 with an Autolite 1100 w/ autotrans. On the side of the 1100 there is a plastic lever with a spring in the middle. I have seen this referred to as the Dashpot Lever, an Accelerator Lever, and a slow closing throttle control. Two of the carburetor exploded diagrams I saw conflict on what lever is the dashpot lever and what is the accelerator lever.

I need the lever with the screw in the middle. This does not seem to come in any of the rebuild kits and I can't find it at CJPony parts. The Ford part number is 90593. Any suggestions? Anyone know what the lever with the screw in the middle is actually called?

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I believe that is part of the power valve not a dash pot, the dash pot was for manual shifts and was part of the return linkage of the throttle. I'm no expert going by memory of my previouse owned 65. When you open the throttle that pushes in on the diaphram and forces gas through the main jets.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a better diagram...

I need part (*whatever its called) # 39. It is a plastic lever with the adjustment screw through the middle. This diagram calls it the dashpot lever. Another similar diagram gave it a part number of 90593. Any idea how/where I can get one?

I believe the accelerator lever is on the opposite side facing the driver's side.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
I think you are correct the other side is a metal lever right?, I guess that maybe a built in dash pot or diaphram to keep a gas flow to prevent stalling. I would think any auto parts store selling reman carbs would have it for $$$$ of course. I would try Ebay you may be able to pick up a core.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE: Resolved. It is a "dashpot arm" on the Automatic Transmission Autolite 1100 carbs. I was able to get a new one from Daytona Carburetor Parts in New Smyrna Beach, FL.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dashpots are for automatic, not manual, trans cars.
Really my 302 4barle manual (t5) has one, came stock. Do I not need it. I thought it was there to keep car from stalling in cases where the throttle is let up quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts