Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My autolite 24F repo died an early death. I've been looking for a replacement but everyone seems to be out of them and it appears that the manufacturer is selling their assets in a bankruptcy later this month. Does anyone have a line on someone who still has some of these (NPD apparently does not). Thanks

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a Die Hard that is the exact dimensions as a group 24. I installed one of those fake Autolite tops on it and it looks great! I got it from Branda. You can't tell it's not an original.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I use one from this company. Had it a few months and am very happy. this is NOT the compnay that went out of business. $185 delivered for the wet and I think $275 delivered for the sealed ones.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use one from this company. Had it a few months and am very happy. this is NOT the company that went out of business. $185 delivered for the wet and I think $275 delivered for the sealed ones.
I agree. I bought one of the sealed types before Christmas. It is an Optima Type Gel Battery inside a Concours correct case. Very nice. no maintenance and no possibility of acid leaks.

The AGM Type, Absorbtive Glass Mat, (previously manufactured by New Castle Battery (now out of business) were junk. I had one and it died after 18 months. My battery from Antique Auto Battery was $235 plus shipping.

:peeping:

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
I just PM'd you. Surely we can find another Autolite 24F locally for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ditto on the other brand failing. I was wondering where I could find another..thanks to all who recommend Antique Auto Battery. I ordered a new one today.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all. I contacted Antique Battery today. They think it's $230 for the sealed version but waiting for the order person to come back from lunch.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have a Die Hard that is the exact dimensions as a group 24. I installed one of those fake Autolite tops on it and it looks great! I got it from Branda. You can't tell it's not an original.
Got any pic's of it installed in the car? I'm not that much of a purists but have thought about doing this if it looks fairly close. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts