Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it make any difference if an Autolite 4100 manual carb goes onto an Automatic car? I am switching from a 2100 to a 4100 and want to make sure I have no problems with buying a 4100 that came off of a 3-4 spd car, to fit my auto car.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I thought you were doing concours driven now?

G

·
0 Posts
If there are provisions for tranny kick down, then you might have problems. Don't know if kick down is handled on the throttle linkage or on the side of the carb.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 4100 carb is actually for my '65 coupe /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The '66 is what I am thinking of putting into the concours driven class.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Oh! I didn't realize you were planning to remove the aftermarket stuff from your '66! Cool.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So would installing the anti-stall dashpot be the only change needed? I guess I could try what Clone did and run it w/o for awhile to see what happens /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just to make things a bit more complicated, I will tell you that I am running an Edelbrock 1406 with a C4 automatic and I do not have a dashpot installed. The car starts, drives and idles fine without it. Food for thought. Of course, if your intention is to go concourse driven, it's a mute point because the dashpot needs to be there in order to be correct.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I never missed (or needed) the dashpot. I have switched to an Edelbrock and haven't needed it there either. I think the hole is already drilled and tapped to mount one anyway, so you'd just have to add a bracket and dashpot...

I "believe" my car has 1966 linkage/kickdown. I don't recall the 65 kickdown hookup OTTOMH....

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/82/0C/7214210-88ee-0190012C-.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts