Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does it make any difference if an Autolite 4100 manual carb goes onto an Automatic car? I am switching from a 2100 to a 4100 and want to make sure I have no problems with buying a 4100 that came off of a 3-4 spd car, to fit my auto car.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
I thought you were doing concours driven now?

G

·
If there are provisions for tranny kick down, then you might have problems. Don't know if kick down is handled on the throttle linkage or on the side of the carb.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 4100 carb is actually for my '65 coupe /forums/images/icons/smile.gif The '66 is what I am thinking of putting into the concours driven class.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Oh! I didn't realize you were planning to remove the aftermarket stuff from your '66! Cool.

Steve

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So would installing the anti-stall dashpot be the only change needed? I guess I could try what Clone did and run it w/o for awhile to see what happens /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Just to make things a bit more complicated, I will tell you that I am running an Edelbrock 1406 with a C4 automatic and I do not have a dashpot installed. The car starts, drives and idles fine without it. Food for thought. Of course, if your intention is to go concourse driven, it's a mute point because the dashpot needs to be there in order to be correct.

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
I never missed (or needed) the dashpot. I have switched to an Edelbrock and haven't needed it there either. I think the hole is already drilled and tapped to mount one anyway, so you'd just have to add a bracket and dashpot...

I "believe" my car has 1966 linkage/kickdown. I don't recall the 65 kickdown hookup OTTOMH....

http://a0.cpimg.com/image/82/0C/7214210-88ee-0190012C-.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts