Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an A code 67 Coupe. It now has a 2bbl 2100 on it. I have a stock 4bbl intake with a 4300 carb and need a couple of small parts for it and a rebuild. I understand that these aren't the greatest carbs, especially not as good as the 4100, but it's what I have. Any help in getting this to work properly? I think it's correct for the 67 A code. Would prefer the 4100, but... Thanks for any help. Perry

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Spend the money and go for the 4100. It will do you no good to throw good money in a carb you do not want. Start fresh, call Pony carbs and buy a core. A nice carb makes all the difference.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
Get a core off of Ebay or at a local swap meet. You'll save money. Pony Carbs has a pretty high opinion of their stuff.

·
Registered
146 Posts
What parts do you need? I bought two off of ebay to make one whole one and have several random parts left over. Some parts are no good but I could help.

Also,
I had Pony rebuild mine with no complaints. Looks good but it was pricey. Check out my pics on the link below. I have a before and after. I have to say that it may have been a mistake to get it rebuilt since my car doesn't have the original engine or carb. Probably would have been better off getting a better performer. It does look good though and ran good at least in my garage. As you can tell from the pics it hasn't made it down the road yet.

Send a PM if you want some parts. You can have em.

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
The cheapest solution is for you to rebuild the 4300. However, they are complicated carbs for the novice and there is a good chance it won't run that well once you "rebuild" it.

If Pony Carbs gets involved, it won't be cheap. :) :)

The next cheapest solution would be to buy a used 500 cfm Edelbrock off ebay. Should be able to get one for about $100.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts