Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just have a burning question. Do any of you guys know of a kit that you can install on your 1966 mustang to have automatic headlights. I've been wanting to do this for a while now but since i'm relatively new to this classic car scene I just want to see if anyone can help me. My goal for this car is to keep the outside like a classic mustang but to have all of the modern day tech.

·
Registered
957 Posts
My 66 has them. I pull the headlight switch and they come automatically. Seriously though, do you want them to work on a light sensor or when you start the car? If they're on during the daylight, that would be a dead giveaway that something wasn't "completely stock".

·
Registered
912 Posts
I just turn my headlights on all the time while driving since I don't have DRLs. My Mercedes has the auto headlight feature but also DRLs. What I wouldn't mind getting would be auto high beams, but it's not critical and I can deal with the foot tap when needed.

One thing I've learned though with my car, when trying to retrofit modern conveniences is that they don't always work as advertised or there are some gremlins because the R&D with these items is not up to par with what a major auto manufacturer has. Not to say they don't work or aren't good, but don't expect perfection.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts