Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
67 coupe. automatic. no console.
replacing my shifter because po had one that didnt belong to the car. i need to know where the indicator lamp plugs into. the schematics is chinese to me. the wire seems a bit too short to really plug into anything that close. it's a male/female connector. blue and black wires. pictures or explain where they go. thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
There should be a blue and black wire or a wire with a three-point plug on the end tucked under the dash around the radio and ash tray area that has current any time the ignition switch is in the ON or ACC position. The black wire should be the ground, just has an eyelet that goes under one of the bolts holding the shifter bucket to the floor pan or to a screw on the trans tunnel.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There should be a blue and black wire or a wire with a three-point plug on the end tucked under the dash around the radio and ash tray area that has current any time the ignition switch is in the ON or ACC position. The black wire should be the ground, just has an eyelet that goes under one of the bolts holding the shifter bucket to the floor pan or to a screw on the trans tunnel.
i have that three-point plug you mentioned. i'll have to volt test it. but still, my shift wire isn't long enough to reach that. and also i would have to pull the radio out or the ashtray to access it. that doesn't seem right. i would have a wire sticking out going through there or i would have to drill through my dash. also, my shifter plug is a 2-prong. i dont think ford made this to plug in there.

·
Premium Member
3,773 Posts
There should be a "jumper". PO probably accidentally trashed it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There should be a "jumper". PO probably accidentally trashed it.
i saw the jumper online. that leaves one long single male to plug into somewhere. and a loop for the ground i could screw into the frame. just need to find a power source. maybe somebody on here can trace that for me

1 - 5 of 5 Posts