Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 65 Mustang Coupe that will have a 302 engine and am wondering what my options are for automatic transmissions. I pulled a C4 and was planning on putting in a rebuilt C4 from a friend, but that didn't end up working out. I am really not interested in a manual setup.

Thanks in advance

Adam

·
Registered
10,172 Posts
Well, check other options for the C4, like a local parts store for a rebuilt one. Or a trans place., Or have the trans shop rebuild yours.
For an AOD, you'll spend at least $1500 complete, maybe more. Or a used AOD, without a rebuild will be less.

·
Registered
446 Posts
i love my c-4. If you get one definatly get a shift kit. I cannot praise the shift kit enough, I easily get the tires to bark (not chirp, bark) in between shifts, it shifts a lot harder. i definatly like the C-4, but my cousin fried 2, so it isn't the strongest tranny around, og course, he has a 351C and drives like a bat out of hell. ::

·
Registered
453 Posts
Depends on how much money you want to spend. I would stick with the C4 and if you are mechanically inclined you can overhaul it yourself and put a shift kit in if so inclined and do both for $100-150.

·
Registered
278 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Why were you disappointed with the C4?

G

·
0 Posts
go manual!!! iwent to a t-5 and the milage is amazing!!! but if ur stuck on a c-4 than get a shift kit.....my c-4 before my t-5 had a manual valve body also!!!! it was a turbo action manual valve body...that includes a shift kit too!!!....its a ten minute swap and u will not believe the difference.....with the manual valve body u can shift your c-4 like a stick or leave it in drive like an automatic!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts