Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Great pic!! I've been a plane nut all my life (and an ex commercial pilot). Have hundreds of pics of planes but unfortunately none of our car with a Mustang--my favorite WW2 airplane of all time.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
For any Central Texans wanting a photo there is a P51 known as Pecos Bill based at the Burnet, TX airport. It is in a private hangar across Hwy 281 from Seton Hospital, not at the main terminal and hangars. Here is a video of the airplane and owner, Cowden Ward.

·
Banned
2,711 Posts
I went to a classic car and WWII airplane show at Paine Field up here near Seattle a couple years ago. It was a lot of fun but unlike your picture, the classic cars weren't allowed on the runway at the same time the planes were. Too bad, I'd have loved to take a couple pictures up close next to these awesome planes.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
I haven’t had the chance to get both together for a photo op, but here’s a couple pics of the Mustangs in my life. The one I fly, and the other I own. Both are pretty sweet rides. I’m planning on getting both together for a pic in a few weeks or whenever spring decides to arrive!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great pic!! I've been a plane nut all my life (and an ex commercial pilot). Have hundreds of pics of planes but unfortunately none of our car with a Mustang--my favorite WW2 airplane of all time.
Thanks. I always loved the P51 even as a kid. They sound awesome!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven’t had the chance to get both together for a photo op, but here’s a couple pics of the Mustangs in my life. The one I fly, and the other I own. Both are pretty sweet rides. I’m planning on getting both together for a pic in a few weeks or whenever spring decides to arrive!
It never crossed my mind that a member of this forum would actually own one. How cool!!

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not my car, but I was talking to the owner and we decided to put the two together. Looks like a matching set. I know, it’s not a Mustang but it’s still sweet.
That is pretty neat even though its a GM vehicle. They definitely look good together.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I went to a classic car and WWII airplane show at Paine Field up here near Seattle a couple years ago. It was a lot of fun but unlike your picture, the classic cars weren't allowed on the runway at the same time the planes were. Too bad, I'd have loved to take a couple pictures up close next to these awesome planes.
It is probably along the lines of liability reasons. At this show they did have them on different areas of the runway, but I just asked the owner of the plane if I could take a photo and moved my car over by the planes.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
For any Central Texans wanting a photo there is a P51 known as Pecos Bill based at the Burnet, TX airport. It is in a private hangar across Hwy 281 from Seton Hospital, not at the main terminal and hangars. Here is a video of the airplane and owner, Cowden Ward.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4El9Xf51G0

That was a great video. I think I've seen pictures of this plane, but don't recall ever seeing it in person. It looks slick without the weaponry, but I've heard the whistle he was referring to and that is one of my favorite things about these planes that also makes then unique.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
How about posting some photos of your cars posing with planes?

I had the chance to get a nice shot with a P51 over the weekend.
Go Republic of Texas Air Force! I believe that is a Aichi D3A Type 99 "Val" bomber in the rear (or is it a zero; nose wheel is confusing).

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
There use to be a couple of P51's here in AZ that were privately owned. I contacted the owner of one to possibly arrange a photo shoot of some Mustangs with his plane, but he had sold it a couple of months before. Last I checked there is.a private one up in Carson City south of Reno. I'll try this summer when I'm up that way for Hot August Nights.

·
Registered
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Go Republic of Texas Air Force! I believe that is a Aichi D3A Type 99 "Val" bomber in the rear (or is it a zero; nose wheel is confusing).
Actually, that plane in the back of the photo was described as being a Japanese trainer. Since it is not a tail dragger, I'm not sure what it actual is.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts