Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always believed in remaining above board and not posting anything negative, however, upon beginning to do a tune up on my Mustang, I discovered that what had been a dual point distributor, was now a single point! A few years back, my engine was virtually destroyed by some debris which made it into the combustion chamber. One day it ran fine, the next there was a tapping sound which ended up being some debris. (It had spent the night at a shop where the owner said he'd need to look it over to fix the breaks. Stupid me, I trusted him!) Second stupid mistake coming up......
Ok, so I take it to another shop when the engine starts to act up. About 2000 dollars later, I get the car back. The fuel line had been switched from metal to rubber, the inline fuel filter had been swapped out, the lock cylinder bushings were gone, and some screws from the driver side door were also missing. They'd installed a new water pump and had apparently swapped out my dual point ignition for a single point. Who knows what other parts they've scavenged.
I would have noticed this earlier, but I've been overseas since right after these crooks attacked my car. This has been my first opportunity to get a look inside it for some time.
If anyone would like to know the name of this fine establishment, please ask. It's in Maryland.
It's this shop which motivated me to ALL work by myself.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Man.. That sux.. I used to work for a Shop in MD, but I don't think anyone I worked with was that rotten, The shop may overcharge for labor and parts, but the work was always done correctly and with respect.. It is hard now adays to find a good shop, and not just the shop, but the techs that work in the shop.. It could be a great shop, but have one bad tech that is doing these kind of Low down evil jobs.. On the bright side, you now will know the true Joy of working on your own car and solving the problems that arise.. Good Luck.

·
Registered
710 Posts
That's too bad about your car--I doubt if you'll ever be able to prove what happened--I too have made some serious goofs with shops and cars--All you can do is learn and move on--I would like to know the name of the shop--Please PM me--Your bio isn't all filled out so I don't know where in MD you are--I hope the shop isn't near me!!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Being a life long Maryland resident, I would be interested in the shop's name. PM me if you get a chance.
Bernie

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Alignment and new tires is the only time anybody ever touches any of my cars, including the 66 stang! I learned many years ago about Aamco tranmissions the hard way. Took my torino to them to change the tranny fluid and get a call and go down there and they had it in pieces. I said to put my tranny back together and boy did they ever. Tried to sell me a new one, which it did not need before I went down there. Did need when I left, but would not give them the pleasure. I still do not know how I kept from killing that idiot. I probably would if I still saw him today, 26 yrs later. I wonder if these idiots that rip people off, realize how close to death and dismemberment they really come if they do it to the "right " person. I have got this thing about idiots working on cars... death! ::

1 - 5 of 5 Posts