Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every now and again, I remember a toy I had as a kid (and being way too nice gave away to another kid) that, after I became a mustang fanatic, gained status as one awesome kids toy (and I'd still love to have!!)

I got a toy lime green BOSS 302 that launched from a plastic base. This base spun a heavy flywheel in the car (4 D batteries!!) thru a 4 speed shifter on the base...each gear spun it faster.

When you released the shifter, it sprung back to "neutral" and the car rocketed out of the launcher....it had sufficient weight and flywheel energy to scream down the hallway and make one hell of a bang against the door at th end!!!!!!

When I come across another one that is the boss 302, I'm snatching it up!!!! What a great toy that was!!

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
And I suppose this awesome toy disappeared sometime after your Dad repainted the door at the end of the hallway...I remember finding my erector set in the trash can...

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I've done the same thing and purchased the toy mustang new on the tray it came with ( a 71 mach 1). This toy I got in probably 71 was one of two things that got me into mustangs and to see another 30 years later still new and paid $15 but would have paid 10 times that. Also my grandma got a proctor and gamble soap car a 71 cougar which was sold in a auction without my knowledge. I now have around 40 of these little cars from 71-72,mustangs,cougars,t-birds,montego's,mavericks, and torino's. So watch out this can get out of hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts