Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
hehe - pimping your own auction, huh? /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Item # is 1847380113 , for those who are search challenged.

Not for shallow pockets - $79,100 and "Reserve not Met". /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif BEAUTIFUL car though!

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the name of the game. He made it one of the best and im guessing he will get more than some of the lesser cars that have sold for big dinero lately

·
4,129 Posts
I could sit and stare at those pics for hours. For the one reason that if we still had our Shelby I could only dream that it could look that good. BTW it is the same color too. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif But I do had one question for the experts. Is this the correct heater control? Thanks for the heads up shelbyparts. fd

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Yeah, but it isn't a real Elenore clone! It doesn't even have the go baby go button! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif Wish I had that kind of dough!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is it me or does that trunk not line up 100%?
maybe it's the angle of the pic or just my eyes...
nice car...

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have you ever seen an original paint car. they dont line up worth a damn. This one lines up real nice. are you interested in buying the car

·
Registered
95 Posts
No I have not been fortunate enough to see one in person or from such good pics as those. Thanks for clearing up my ignorance with respect to paint/stripes. Next time I know, that's what the VMF is all about.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Jim,

Actually, there is another awesome 67 GT500 (dark moss green) that just started on the show circuit. I judged it at the MCA National in Pensacola this past spring. Like the one you are "auctioning" it has a working smog system (first time for me seeing that too) and steel framed decklid and hood. Also, it is near or at thoroughbred level. The one you are "auctioning" and the one I judged are premier examples of superior quality restorations.

Knowing that no restoration is perfect, I have a few comments on this one 8^): nice D0AE starter motor (oops!), where are the alignment tabs on the exhaust system?, shouldn't the exhaust clamp saddles have higher sides on the side that faces away?, nice protector pads on the pedals (does the owner have covers for the tires too?), and aren't there a few too many twists in the safety wire on the front disc brake bolts? (Ford engineering called for 5 twists and I have never seen more than 6 twists on any unrestored 67).

There comments are my opinions, YMMV!

Regards,

·
Premium Member
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the original starter is being rebuilt, that was a correct 70 Starter so it was put on, you guys wouldnt have know if i didnt take the pictures on the hoist. Lets get everones car on a hoist so we can judge them like this car. Im still a gold car judge and Id love to go judge all the cars using a hoist - might be interesting. Its hard to touch the starter on the FE much less see the date. The former owner put the nice little booties on the pads (you could tell he had a Motorhome) bet he had booties on the wheels of his motorhome. i left them on for the transport people. Ive had maybe 25 original 67 mustangs in my shop in the last 25 years and theres no rhyme or reason for how many twists in the wire. We have 3 assembly plants to deal with here making mustangs and everyone has there own way of doing things as well as the assemblyline drone of doing the same job day in and day out. Theres no way you could do it by hand and make them all the same. I have an original paint car right now that has more twists than that and its also a Milpitas plant car. Im going to do a section in our website of different restoration aspects of concours cars. If you would like to help, we can always use it. If you can provide high quality digital photos of different original stuff let me know. Im going to be doing a real serious GT350 and i dont have a lot of engine shots. Let me know. Thanks for the input! Jim

·
Registered
406 Posts
Jim,

I agree about what can be found if a car is on a lift! Some of these so called Gold award concours cars might get knocked to a silver or bronze with all of their errors. I saw a recent picture of a Gold award 65 that had the transmission mount body plugs painted the red oxide...what an amateur mistake. When I judge, I do crawl underneath in the front, back and both sides to get a good look, but it take a while for the eyes to adjust and the tiny details are impossible to see.

As for the safety wire...they were not twisted by hand at the factory. It was a hand tool that was calibrated for so many twists. I agree that there are many factors that would play into everyday assembly activities. Maybe on that particular day the San Jose assembly plant person was playing with the tool on this particular car.

One last thing that I noticed later and this is very visible without crawling under the car. Check out the tie rods. Notice anything odd? I bet the car does not steer very well...

I don't have too much stuff on pictures and Shelby stuff. Most of my experience is with 67-68 Mustangs and 68 GT350s (although we know Shelbys are 80% mustangs). I will look through what I have and pass along anything good.

Regards,

1 - 15 of 15 Posts