Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took yesterday off (my b-day) and worked on my stangs. I receiver lots of b-day bucks so I think I will send my 2 radios out to be refurbished. Any recommendations?

I pulled the underdash harness (a real rats nest) and pulled the on I bought off e**y out of the box to compare. I bought this one for $50 and it also included the engine and tail light harness (great deal). I was surprised that it included the seatbelt warning light harness and relay (What a bonus) and it worked also after replacing the bulb.

I added my fog light harness to it and installed it. Everything works great now and it only took me 2 hours to do all this.

I spent the rest of the day sand blasting parts and cleaning bolts with the wire wheel. Seeing restored parts is sure satisfying.

Anyone know the correct finish on the accelerator rod?

Next I need to tackle that sticky door latch and replace the rear view mirror on the drivers door on my daily driver stang. It NEVER ends (thank goodness).

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Sounds like a great birthday! Of course, any normal person would think your nuts for wanting to spend your birthday getting greasy in the bowells of a car!

My wife asked me what I wanted last fathers day. I told her that all I wanted for fathers day was one complete day, dawn till night, to devote totally to working on my stang. That day is this saturday. I'm really looking forward to it!

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
Happy B-day! Sounds like you got what you wanted /forums/images/icons/smile.gif. Anyway, here's a link to a person I plan on using when I redo my 67 and 70 Am/Fm radios. >[url]http://www.gate.net/~gtayman/
[/url] I have talked to him several times, and I've talked to folks who has used his services and have been very pleased. I met him through my Tbird friends, as he is heavy into Tbirds.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts