Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new so don't kill me if my question seems dumb.....

I want to put one of these B&M shifters in my 69 with a C6.

This will not just be a "drop in" shifter correct? If I want to do this I am probably going to have to floor mount it or pedestal it right? Meaning if I would do this I would have to forgo my center counsel? I'd be honestly doing this for no good reason besides the fact that I like it and think its cool. (Just in case anyone is wondering why)

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,667 Posts
Don't do it. If you want a different look consider a lokar shifter otherwise in my opinion all the other floor shifters look bad. This is my 65 with the lokar shifter and factory console.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't help you, but if that is indeed a picture of your 69 I would not go and trash the car with the BM shifter.

If it don't make it faster then the money is wasted.
That is my interior yes. I tend to agree. If I could just pop it in I'd be fine, but not at the cost of tearing up the whole consol and other sheet

·
Registered
113 Posts
I also like Lokar shifters, and one of theirs should fit into the existing hole. And their boot might cover the hole nicely. I had a B&M Quicksilver shifter in my '66 for years, but didn't have a console at the time. They make shifters that will fit in existing consoles, but I didn't see one for a Mustang on their web site.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts