Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi
Anyone using B&M tranny fluid in their C4? It claims it exceeds type F requirements and will improve transmission performance. Is this snake oil or are the claims true. This stuff is twice as much as regular fluid.
Thanks steve

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yes it does work...now is it worth the price, I don't know unless your in a racing application. IMHO, I change auto trans fluid annually and use mercon III (semi-synthetic), never had a problem even with shift kits and a wife with a very heavy fooooooot! IMHO, fluid temp & cleanlines is the key.

·
Registered
10,587 Posts
Pure speculation but it's likely just regular Type F with a friction modifier...

FWIW, I've always run regular ATF in the race car... It's got Autozone generic Type F in it right now..*G*

Keeping the fluid at the proper temp and building the trans right are the keys to long life IMO...

The trans in the D-coder has 199.6K on it (about 22K on a shift kit install) and uses the same generic ATF with no problems to date...

·
Registered
916 Posts
I'm using it now. I hoped it would help with the slippage I have between 2nd and 3rd gear, but didn't do the trick, but then again nothing really does as the tranny is old and needs a rebuild /forums/images/icons/smile.gif.

G

·
0 Posts
I used it once... ONCE! I use Type F in everything except my drag cars C-4, it gets Mobil1

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have it in my C4 with a shift kit and I like it. I don't know if it's worth the extra $$ but time will tell.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts