Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sigh, I love the mustang enthusiast community but sometimes we get a couple rotten apples in the bunch...

Went to Parts Source the other day and was asking this guy about some Edelbrock bolt ons and such. Anyhow, he mentions (rather snooty like) that he has a Boss 302 .. so of course I'm excited to hear about that :) ... anyhow, its some 70 Boss 302 and he's telling me how BB cars are all hype and how he eats 428 CJ's for breakfast ... well typical motorhead talk so I ask him, "Are you on the VMF?" ... his response?

"They've been trying to get me to join for years, but I won't join them" ...

he proceeds to throw out a pamphlet for the LOCAL mustang organization <G> ... anyhow he starts going on about how they want him to join but he does'nt feel the quality of cars are up to his level ... sheesh ...

Anyhow, he was about 5'4 and 130 lbs .. this is what my dad and I call "Baby Man Syndrome" ... (i.e. the attitude needs to compensate for lack of physical stature) ... no offense to anyone not 6'4 250+, as this definition applies only to those who feel the need to compensate, like anyone else cares :)!

Ah well ... saw some cool cars here at the show and shine @ Deerfoot mall ... a 69 mach red on black ... very sweet!

------------------------------
1969 Mach 1
1976 Cobra II

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
That attitude is also called the "Napoleon Complex" :)

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261
MCA certified judge for 65's and late models

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh, exactly <G>

1969 Mach 1