Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And no it's not the tranny type you see standing on the corner by your favorite 7/Eleven either.....

Been swamped at work and the daughter gave me a cold that knocked me silly for awhile, but now I'm feeling much better and need to make up for lost time on Red.

Last episode I was talking about our C4 slipping. I picked up another tranny from a local fellow VMF'er but with the push, prod & help of Eric [66coupe inKC] decided to first rebuild the '74 tranny that is in our car instead so last weekend I pulled it. During the week I have disassembled it not believing how many parts are in one of these. "Oops, where did this part come from? oh well....., toss" :horror:

With so many Xmas family obligations I hope to have most of back together by tomorrow night but we'll just have to see. But I must have it back up and running before the Xmas guests arrive for they all want to see Red go zoom, zoom.

Craig

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Good luck with that project. I cheated this time, drove the car to a shop and said, "reduild the AOD" and picked it up 2 days later. How nice it is. A bit more expensive but I did not have the time to commit to rebuilding it myself.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Hope you won't be wishing you had just polished some chrome or changed air in tires instead of taking on a big job under pressure. At your way of doing everything yourself no matter if it kills ya, I'll guess you'll be brewing up the gas for the car next. Take it to the shop this time. No chance for you to be the grinch around the house then!..yeah, like there is a good shop nearby.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts