Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I literally didn't look at a computer for 9 days. It was like going through withdrawal! LOL
The cruise was fantastic. Celebrated our 35th with 2 other couples. Did end up with a case of pneumonia (GRRRRRR) but was only out of commission for about 24 hours. The medical team on board was wonderful.
Missed all my friends here. So what has been going on??

·
Boiled Peanut
3,277 Posts
Not much different Stan. Things were the status quo while you were away. sounds like you had a great trip. Glad to hear you enjoyed it even though you fell under the weather for a bit. Nice to see ya back.

·
Administrator
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I knew someone would post that! LOL I'm in the process of downloading about 1,500 pics and sorting through them. I'll let you know when I'm done.
Stan

·
Administrator
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Administrator
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TheDude said:
Welcome back! My boss just left for Alaska. He and his wife will be there about ten days. I'd like to see it someday.
Congrats on post 5,300! LOL
Yes, it was great. I've done 3 cruises (Caribbean, Mexico and Alaska) and this was the best. Holland America is absolutely the top cruise line around.
Stan

·
Registered
6,008 Posts
TheDude said:
Welcome back! My boss just left for Alaska. He and his wife will be there about ten days. I'd like to see it someday.
I'd highly recommend it at this time of year.

It pretty much sucked in February about 10 years ago when Red Dog Mines had lube oil centrifuge problems on their Wartsila power generation engines.

One flight in, one flight out.

Each week.

Glad you had fun Stan - can't wait to see some of those pictures. Did yout ake the inland cruise?

·
Administrator
13,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'd highly recommend it at this time of year.
Couldn't agree more. We had blue skies and high 70's during the trip. I wore Hawaiian shirts all during the trip. LOL
Stan

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise! I'd love to go on an alaskan cruise someday.

·
Administrator
19,476 Posts
I went on a similar cruise to Stan's back in about 1989. It was the last cruise of the season in Alaska and it was Holland America. I absolutely loved it!

In fact, I loved it so much that I've signed up for a Holland American Holiday cruise over Christmas in the western Caribbean this year. I'll be able to see some of the few major Mayan ruins that I haven't yet visited and will be able to do some snorkeling in several areas. I even splurged on a verandah suite and plan on having a blast.

·
Administrator
19,476 Posts
Oh, same here. I've been on two other cruise lines, but they were nothing like Holland America. It's a 10-day cruise and it will be nice to not be alone for the holidays this year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts